Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Two vintage cards being sent for TTM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
2011-01-07_18-28-16_379.jpg

2011-01-06_15-16-21_360.jpg

The '50 is his RC.

These should look great signed :)

Just wanted to share, thanks for checking it out.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Greg Cleveland said:
Out of curiosity, will you request he sign in ball point or Sharpie-- or take whatever he does? Or will you send along your own pen for him to use? Beautiful color on both cards!
I've always found that blue ballpoint looks best on vintage cards, and the aesthetic value is all I'm looking for on these, not to resell, these will stay in the "PC" forever because of my experience with him.

Do you agree or disagree?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
For vintage that old, I would hope they do ballpoint. Sharpie looks good on modern cards, (Or if you prefer, Schwan-Stabilo for a finer point.) I sent this in to Dave Campbell via ESPN a few years back, and he signed in ballpoint which surprised me, but I like how it makes the card look.

soup.jpg

As opposed to Bobby Valentine, who went Sharpie on me.

bobbyv.jpg

Sounds like we need a Ballpoint-only autograph show off thread!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
pootshwan said:
Curious if you're going to submit them for slabbing one they come back?
I have a very good relationship with #&+, and since they are joining services once again with ISA I will be submitting them for authentication, just because it will look really nice, and it is the easiest way to preserve the cards.

Members online

Latest posts