Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help! Shipping to Hong Kong??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
It seems like I have read this exact thread before, so excuse me for not listening but:

I've got a buyer that wants cards shipped to Hong Kong. I politely told him that I do not ship overseas at this time. Well he contacted me again and wants to know if I can look into it again. Ok.

What's the best way to get this card (approx $100) to Hong Kong, and not get a chargeback?

Thanks guys.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
jbhofmann said:
It seems like I have read this exact thread before, so excuse me for not listening but:

I've got a buyer that wants cards shipped to Hong Kong. I politely told him that I do not ship overseas at this time. Well he contacted me again and wants to know if I can look into it again. Ok.

What's the best way to get this card (approx $100) to Hong Kong, and not get a chargeback?

Thanks guys.

................................First of all please dont take this as a smarta$$ reply, because I'm really not trying to be..But why dont you just go and check EBay's/Paypal's shipping requirement/policy and get the correct info from them..Instead of letting folks guess and/or give the wrong advice here..I do know that they changed alot of the requirements for "confirmed" Paypal address's..So again, go check and see and get the right info to be sure you dont and wont get screwed....

d

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
EMS shipping with full insurance will probably run around $25-$30. that gives tracking which will cover you in case the card get's "lost". if they have a lot of feedback and you trust them, you can go registered which costs $15 with stop by stop tracking but only up to around $50 insurance. hope this helps.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I ship bubble mailers overseas all the time.
All you have to do is take it to the PO, fill out the customs forms and send it. It is less than $2 to send regular mail and you have the customs receipt and the actual printed recept showing that you sent it.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
For $100, EMS Flat Rate Envelope (Express Mail) which costs around $30, is the best bet since it provides point to point tracking. Anything over $250 though, which requires a signature, I wouldn't do it since there are no "electronic" signature confirmation services for International, only paper receipts, which are no good for paypal disputes.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
goldenegg1 said:
All you have to do is take it to the PO, fill out the customs forms and send it. It is less than $2 to send regular mail and you have the customs receipt and the actual printed recept showing that you sent it.

...which is useless for a paypal dispute.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I ship overseas all the time and I don't bother with customs forms. If I try to use eBay/Paypal shipping my only choice is in the range of $19 to $25. If I package the card in a bubble mailer and walk into the post office, they charge me about $2.50. Sometimes they ask me if I need a customs form and I tell them it's a card and they say "ok" and pass it on through with no forms or special treatment required. Look at the buyers feedback and what types of items they have purchased in the past. If they have 500+ positive feedback and they buy $100 cards all the time you have nothing to worry about IMO.

Tom

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
goldenegg1 said:

You realize thats useless right? You are VERY lucky you have dealt with honest buyers, you could have a video of the buyer with a 1/1 you sold doing a dance and paypal would rule against you 100% of the time.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
goldenegg1 said:

You realize thats useless right? You are VERY lucky you have dealt with honest buyers, you could have a video of the buyer with a 1/1 you sold doing a dance and paypal would rule against you 100% of the time.

Wow! Did not know that. I thought for sure that would hold up.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
nyc3 said:
goldenegg1 said:

True, the risk increases with higher value cards. I rarely sell high dollar cards so for me the risk is low. It's not the end of the world if someone gets over on me for a $5 or $10 card.

Tom

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
goldenegg1 said:

Not good enough. You need more than this to provide proof of delivery if they open a claim, wouldnt do it if I were you.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Definitely be careful shipping to Hong Kong. I've shipped a lot of overseas packages without any problems, but I shipped a $300 autograph to Hong Kong with Global Priority Mail (basically worthless). Buyer claimed he didn't receive it. I lost it all. From now on, if I sell anything high dollar overseas, the buyer either pays for the express mail with tracking/insurance or I'm not shipping it. If you don't pay the extra for the tracking, just be ready for the chargeback.

Members online

Latest posts