Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Tuff Stuff Magazine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Beckett's move to 4-sport monthly was in direct competition ... I preferred Tuff Stuff 10 years ago instead of buying 4 different Beckett's

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Back when my website was just getting started they featured my site in an article to get the word out about counterfeit Ripken cards. End of an era.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Remember how huge size wise they were? The thing looked like a AAA Atlas of the United States.

My first Tuff Stuff was a Rickey Henderson in my Easter basket.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I never understood why they were so tenitive with their pricing. They would never price a set before beckett, even
if the products had been out 3 weeks and prices had been seen. By always being behind beckett, there was really
no reason to buy this mag. I did however enjoy all the pictures of the new cards they would have in it. I think not so far from now, we might be saying goodbye to beckett's mag also. You can get all the info you need off boards like these
and pricing from ebay, there are also tons of hobby blogs.

Kevin

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I used to pick it up when possible, I will miss Tuff Stuff, good magazine.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
ThoseBackPages said:
Sad day indeed.

SCD has to be next

I agree about SCD. I couldnt wait to get SCD and Baseball Hobby News back in the day. They were the best ever. I miss those days, when Regional sets were the chase cards for player collectors and the shows were real good too.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
henderson939 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Sad day indeed.

SCD has to be next

I agree about SCD. I couldnt wait to get SCD and Baseball Hobby News back in the day. They were the best ever. I miss those days, when Regional sets were the chase cards for player collectors and the shows were real good too.

Amen Brother. I used to read SCD cover to cover, every week. man, that thing had to have been an inch thinck at least, and printed on the newspaper stock, it used to blacken my fingers.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Kind of a bummer, though I admit I haven't bought an issue in years. I did like that they had original content, not whatever press releases came from the card manufacturers printed as articles. Beckett had that too, but stopped a long time ago. Plus, covering the 4 sports and more was a nice change for someone who's 99.9% baseball.

Magazines are all having it tough right now. A friend of mine bought a Wizard magazine this month, and it was like 48 pages staple-bound. It used to be 150+ pages squarebound. I thought it was a pamphlet that they bagged up along with the regular magazine, but it was the magazine. Their price guide was always bogus, and like Beckett it's only gotten tougher to stay relevant with the 'net. But the snarky attitude is usually entertaining. And my current favorite magazine, liberal rag Vanity Fair, I'm sure just to raise circulation, has Justin Beiber on the cover this month. Justin. Beiber.

Members online

Latest posts