Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees to trade Montero for Soria? or Carpenter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
aminors said:
http://www.pinstripealley.com/2011/1/9/1924838/will-jesus-montero-ever-make-it-to-the-majors-with-the-yankees

PURELY SPECULATION, but could this happen? Are the Yankees really willing to deal their top prospect?

They only way they should even consider trading Montero is for Felix Hernandez. Forget Soria, etc. lol.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
aminors said:
http://www.pinstripealley.com/2011/1/9/1924838/will-jesus-montero-ever-make-it-to-the-majors-with-the-yankees

PURELY SPECULATION, but could this happen? Are the Yankees really willing to deal their top prospect?

They only way they should even consider trading Montero is for Felix Hernandez. Forget Soria, etc. lol.

It would take a whole lot more than Montero to get Hernandez.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
OF COURSE they're willing to trade Montero. Hell, they did trade him for two-and-a-half months of Cliff Lee but the Mariners apparently backed out at the last second.

He's a hell of a prospect but clearly not untouchable. And enough of all of this 'only for King Felix' nonsense. If they were more than willing to deal him for half a season's worth of Cliff Lee, then they're not holding out for Hernandez.

Until Montero is crouching behind the plate at Yankee Stadium, I will assume he's going to be dealt.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
TGutta said:
bballcardkid said:
Cashman isn't that stupid, He's not trading away someone as valuable as Montero for a closer.

If they were to trade for Soria though wouldn't they want to move him to the rotation?

I don't think so. That's a risk that is not one they'd wager their top prospect on.
If they do that, I'll have to renounce my fanship for a day or something. That'll teach em. :lol:

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
LLWesMan said:
This blog is hardly a reputable news source. This is speculation at best. The Royals would be absolutely fleecing the Yankees if they traded Soria for Montero.

I agree on the fleecing statement.

My original post was more questioning the validity of the idea "Cashman is very open to trading Jesus Montero" rather than "Would Cashman deal Montero for Soria".

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
bballcardkid said:
Cashman isn't that stupid, He's not trading away someone as valuable as Montero for a closer.

You mean besides the fact that the Yankees HAVE OFFERED MONTERO FOR SORIA last year? Or did we forget about this already?

I have read it 10 times that Montero was offered in a package for Soria and were TURNED DOWN.

Maybe WE overvalue Montero. Don't you think that Yankees would value him more than us? Funny how that works, isn't it. Maybe they know something we don't.

skrip

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Lol okay.

Montero at Catcher? No. First Base? No. Montero for Carpenter is quite off too, Carpenter's still a 1A, but he's getting older.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
ballerskrip said:
bballcardkid said:

You mean besides the fact that the Yankees HAVE OFFERED MONTERO FOR SORIA last year? Or did we forget about this already?

I have read it 10 times that Montero was offered in a package for Soria and were TURNED DOWN.

Maybe WE overvalue Montero. Don't you think that Yankees would value him more than us? Funny how that works, isn't it. Maybe they know something we don't.

skrip
Yes. That he cant catch and he is blocked at every other position, including dh.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
LLWesMan said:
This blog is hardly a reputable news source. This is speculation at best. The Royals would be absolutely fleecing the Yankees if they traded Soria for Montero.

I agree on the fleecing statement.

My original post was more questioning the validity of the idea "Cashman is very open to trading Jesus Montero" rather than "Would Cashman deal Montero for Soria".

The way you worded it sounds like it's about to, or will happen.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
elmalo said:
ballerskrip said:
bballcardkid said:

skrip
Yes. That he cant catch and he is blocked at every other position, including dh.

Great posts guys.

People have been drinking their own Kool Aid too long with Montero to be objective.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
elmalo said:

Neither can Romine according to some :oops: .

ballerskrip said:
bballcardkid said:

skrip

Don't know about you, but I'd imagine Montero's stock is a tad bit higher than it was when he was hitting .230 with 3 HR nearly half way into the season. Someone's stock increasing due to on field performance? Unimaginable...

Joshua.Roundtree said:
Great posts guys.

People have been drinking their own Kool Aid too long with Montero to be objective.

People have also been drinking their own hateraid too long to be objective when discussing Montero. To some, it's become a fetish to demonize him regardless of what he does.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
bballcardkid said:
elmalo said:

Neither can Romine according to some :oops: .

ballerskrip said:
bballcardkid said:

skrip

Don't know about you, but I'd imagine Montero's stock is a tad bit higher than it was when he was hitting .230 with 3 HR nearly half way into the season. Someone's stock increasing due to on field performance? Unimaginable...

Joshua.Roundtree said:
Great posts guys.

People have also been drinking their own hateraid too long to be objective when discussing Montero. To some, it's become a fetish to demonize him regardless of what he does.

In regards to the botom quote: I agree with you 100%. I personally believe he is somewhere in between. Not the GOD that some are making him out to be, and not the bum that others think. I think he is good, but if you can get an all star for him, I don't know why you would frown upon it, other than his cards losing value.

skrip

Members online