Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AL MVP Josh Hamilton hospitalized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
AL MVP Josh Hamilton hospitalized with pneumonia

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—AL MVP Josh Hamilton(notes) has been hospitalized with pneumonia.

The Texas Rangers disclosed his condition Tuesday and said Hamilton was diagnosed with an early case Monday. The team expects the hospital to release him by Wednesday.

The Rangers said Hamilton should be able to resume conditioning and baseball activities in a few days.

Hamilton hit .359 with 32 home runs and 100 RBIs last year, continuing his resurgence following cocaine and alcohol addition.

Texas manager Ron Washington has said he wants Hamilton in left field next season to save wear and tear on the All-Star slugger.

Hamilton made 107 starts in center field in 2008, with the total dropping to 55 starts in 2009 and 29 last season. Hamilton missed most of the final month for the AL champions after breaking two ribs when he ran into an outfield wall. Hamilton was in center throughout the playoffs and World Series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... s-hamilton

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
I'd imagine his immune system sucks. Hopefully he has a quick recovery.

hopefully all of his downtime this year comes during the offseason.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Josh Hamilton is going to make a very good baseball film in about 10....Knowing hollywood, it'll be out sooner, but I think after he puts together another 5 or so good seasons and retires on top hopefully a couple years after will make a good flick

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
js0000001 said:
Pneumonia killed Jim Henson

and isn't it common for people with AIDS?
Pneumonia and AIDS have no correlation at all, therefore "no" it is not more common. Although it may be more common if your immune system is fighting another illness..

It can be deadly for infants or elderly folks, though.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
scotty21690 said:
js0000001 said:
Pneumonia killed Jim Henson

and isn't it common for people with AIDS?
Pneumonia and AIDS have no correlation at all, therefore "no" it is not more common. Although it may be more common if your immune system is fighting another illness..

It can be deadly for infants or elderly folks, though.
We had two deaths of perfectly healthy 30 year olds last year. wait long enough and there isnt much that can be done.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
Here's kind of a weird thing to go with this.

I have a customer in Raleigh that knows Josh and goes to the same church as he does. His name is Dennis. A very close friend of Josh's and mutual friend of Dennis is a Topps photographer named Greg. After reading this thread this morning, I got a call from Dennis and while he was ordering some parts from me (automotive), I mentioned to him that Josh was in the hospital (He was unaware until I told him). The weird thing is that Dennis had talked to Greg yesterday and he told him that he had texted Josh to say a prayer for another mutual friend who had a bad case of pnuemonia. Josh texted back "Got you covered"

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I am often wrong but I think there ismore going on then the news will ever tell us