Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Ole Cam Newton. Oh Dad how did you get here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Let it be known yet another indication good ole cam was well aware of his Dad's actions. This is like a big haha to the NCAA. Let me guess he had no idea his Dad would disobey the agreed upon ruling ::facepalm::
Why anybody with 1/2 a brain can figure out this duo worked in tandem with the shopping

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-306263

Cecil Newton didn't see his son Cam quarterback Auburn to an SEC title or win the Heisman Trophy. And he wasn't supposed to see him play in Monday night's BCS Championship Game either. It was all part of a punishment restricting the elder Newton to "limited access" to Auburn's football program after it was discovered that he shopped his son to Mississippi State for $180,000 during his recruiting process.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
wheeler281 said:
Let it be known yet another indication good ole cam was well aware of his Dad's actions. This is like a big haha to the NCAA. Let me guess he had no idea his Dad would disobey the agreed upon ruling ::facepalm::
Why anybody with 1/2 a brain can figure out this duo worked in tandem with the shopping

Cecil Newton didn't see his son Cam quarterback Auburn to an SEC title or win the Heisman Trophy. And he wasn't supposed to see him play in Monday night's BCS Championship Game either. It was all part of a punishment restricting the elder Newton to "limited access" to Auburn's football program after it was discovered that he shopped his son to Mississippi State for $180,000 during his recruiting process.

To think other wise is to be in complete denail of the situation and the facts surrounding it. Whether or not the championship and Heisman are stripped they are both tainted b/c the wrong doing is so obvious.

I also don't understand the hype surrounding Newton. He's big, athletic, and has a strong arm but he can't read coverage, lacks touch, and is inaccurate. He's a great college athele but very raw as a passer (even more so than Tebow IMO).

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I heard before the game even started that he was there at the game and I thought that was strange considering he wasn't supposed to be there.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
wheeler281 said:

Thanks for the early morning laugh.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
AUTaxMan said:
wheeler281 said:

Thanks for the early morning laugh.
You still have the blinders on I see.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Agreed wheeler. This is why I did not want Auburn to win.

As others have posted after the game, how long before this win is vacated? And his Heisman?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
mstng99tim said:

I can guarantee you that I've got more insight on this issue than any of you. Feel free to logically and methodically state your case about Auburn/Newton, and I'll be more than happy to assist where you might have questions.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
AUTaxMan said:
mstng99tim said:

I can guarantee you that I've got more insight on this issue than any of you. Feel free to logically and methodically state your case about Auburn/Newton, and I'll be more than happy to assist where you might have questions.
Did you help Cam and his father file proper federal taxes on his college incentives?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :) .

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
A bit off topic.... BUT, how about these Ford commercials with the coaches driving the $48,000+ loaded King Ranch F150s in the FORD commercials. I think it's a bit hypocritical of the NCAA to allow this, while students go through what they have to to keep their reps clean.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
HEAVYHITTER said:
A bit off topic.... BUT, how about these Ford commercials with the coaches driving the $48,000+ loaded King Ranch F150s in the FORD commercials. I think it's a bit hypocritical of the NCAA to allow this, while students go through what they have to to keep their reps clean.

In my opinion it's not hypocritical at all.

Coaches are professionals working in their career. The players are magnificent athletes, but are still students.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
AUTaxMan said:
mstng99tim said:

Since you have so much insight, answer these 2 questions then:

Did Cam Newton's father ask for money from ANY college?

If yes, did Cam know about it?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
mstng99tim said:
Since you have so much insight, answer these 2 questions then:

Did Cam Newton's father ask for money from ANY college?

If yes, did Cam know about it?

A. Yes
B. We do not know, but the NCAA has concluded that he didn't.

Members online

Latest posts