Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Much Was Reggie Bush Worth by the Yard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
$22,346.36

Yes, thanks to his hefty salary last year, he made $22,346.36 for every yard he contributed.

There's also some info about next season's contract and outlook for those of you who care about Reggie and the Saints. He's being realistic that they won't want to pay him his $11.8m for 2011, and wants to make things work to stay a Saint.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-reality/
Last year, Saints running back Reggie Bush reportedly wasn’t inclined to reduce his $8 million base salary in the wake of a Super Bowl season. And the Saints opted to pay him that much money for 2010.

They’d probably like to have a Mulligan. Bush suffered a fractured fibula after muffing a punt in Week Two against the 49ers, and he ultimately appeared in only eight games. He rushed for 150 yards and generated 208 receiving.

That’ $22,346.36 for each yard from scrimmage.

This year, Bush’s salary skyrockets to $11.8 million. And he realizes that the team can’t justify paying him that much money.

“Common sense would tell you probably not,” Bush told reporters on Tuesday, per Bradley Handwerger of WWL-TV. “But most likely not. We’ll see what happens.”

Unlike 2010, he’s willing to take less money to stay.

“I’m open to whatever is going to help me stay here,” Bush said. “Obviously, with that said, you have to be fair to yourself. You have to be fair to whatever the market sets. I’m not stupid or dumb. I know that obviously there’s going to have to be some type of restructuring going on here. With that said, you’ve just got to kind of hash it out as best as you can. Negotiations, things can go a million different ways.

“My No. 1 goal is to be back here, be a New Orleans Saint and hopefully be able to play my career out here.”

It makes sense for both sides. And unless the Saints are hoping to recoup some of that $22,346.36-per-yard-from-scrimmage, the team and the player should be able to work out a deal that keeps him fairly compensated, perhaps by paying him extra based on his ability to suit up for games and his performances once he does.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I'll gladly take him back at a salary that reflects his performance to date, the fact that he is a glorified 3rd down back who can never be an every down rush threat, has ball security issues and has proven himself fragile.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
lumm0x said:
I'll gladly take him back at a salary that reflects his performance to date, the fact that he is a glorified 3rd down back who can never be an every down rush threat, has ball security issues and has proven himself fragile.

One top of that he looked slower this year and struggled to catch the ball.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
This is just Reggie Bush positioning himself to be the good guy. I wouldn't read into it any further than that. In his mind, restructuring means that he'll score himself some more guaranteed money and take less salary over the next four years.

(22M), 5, 7, 9, 11 is probably what he's aiming at or something even more ridiculous.

The crap that comes out of these guy's mouths has been run by their agents, etc. Despite what Reggie says, he is stupid and that's why he's paying someone 20% to make sure he gets paid.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
I can honestly now see why Mario Williams was the 1st pick in the draft. They were geniuses cuz Bush and Young and half the other in that class were busts

A_Pharis

DZLVDNILBAJZAJA.20081103213027.jpg

Reggie Who?

Seriously, Bush is great for his wanting to stay in NO... but a healthy Chris Ivory has me way more excited. That, and I'd like to see Ridley in black & gold.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Reggie Bush and Drew Brees have been absolutely great for N.O., both on and off the field.

I hope they stay for the rest of their careers.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
RITM said:
That's good money right there.

Sign me up!

Yeah, no kidding. :lol:

I'm not going to be delusional regarding my athletic abilities, but if I had a few carries I can probably get a couple yards. 3 yards and I'm a happy man for the year. (Just realized it's sad even typing that lol).

As for Bush I was pretty surprised that they kept him at that salary.......I remember during the off-season most people assumed they'd drop him due to the amount of money he was set to make.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts