Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First of my Draft Eligible Prospect Vids: Andrew Susac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
[youtube:1q38f6nv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bGEeWbTno[/youtube:1q38f6nv]

Andrew is a former draft pick of the Phillies that is a draft eligible sophomore. After a rough freshman season at Oregon State, Andrew worked with hitting coach Tony Padilla that he gave a ton of credit for his success on the Cape. He batted .290 with 5 HR, and 15 RBI in 29 games. He had the 8th highest batting average in the League. He's a 6-1 catcher, that many scouts rated as the premiere defensive catcher on the Cape.

He has been underrated I believe in the mock draft write ups. I wanted to share the videos that I will be producing a lot more in the upcoming seasons on Cape Cod. This was my first season taking these videos, so hopefully do a little better next season and can bring some decent video of the Cape League prospects that really doesn't exist right now.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Are the Commodores going up against Y-D this year?

Oh, and cool vids! I can't wait for more!

Yeah, we play all the 10 teams in the league. We don't play as much against them as division, but I believe it's 4 games a year vs the Eastern Division.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Ahh that's cool.

Are you only doing vids for Falmouth or are you doing other teams?

Last season was mostly just Falmouth, depending on everything this season possibly going to be expanding that. I am working out some things right now at some expansion.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
beefycheddar said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Ahh that's cool.

Last season was mostly just Falmouth, depending on everything this season possibly going to be expanding that. I am working out some things right now at some expansion.

That's awesome!

Only reason I asked if you were going up against the Sox was because one of their guys is from around here.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
beefycheddar said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Ahh that's cool.

That's awesome!

Only reason I asked if you were going up against the Sox was because one of their guys is from around here.

I live in the center of the Cape now, so probably on Commodores off days this summer if things work out how I hope I will be at other fields on the Cape. Y-D is relatively close to me so could hop there.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
beefycheddar said:
TBTwinsFan said:
beefycheddar said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Ahh that's cool.

That's awesome!

I live in the center of the Cape now, so probably on Commodores off days this summer if things work out how I hope I will be at other fields on the Cape. Y-D is relatively close to me so could hop there.

The guy's name is Jordan Smith if you are interested. Some of my friends know him and I watched him play for the Stingers. He was like the #10 best "prospect" (as they call them) in the league.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
Nice quality video.

I personally would have included video of him catching as well.

Honestly last season I didn't take much video of when the Commodores were in the field due to the fact that I also run the teams announce booth, field music and a bunch of other stuff so I have do other work in the top of the innings, also these videos were originally shot so players on our team could see and break down their own at bats. I do have a video of a Mark Pope bullpen session that he turned around to me when Susac stopped a throw and went "He catch good"

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Nice quality video.

I personally would have included video of him catching as well.

Honestly last season I didn't take much video of when the Commodores were in the field due to the fact that I also run the teams announce booth, field music and a bunch of other stuff so I have do other work in the top of the innings, also these videos were originally shot so players on our team could see and break down their own at bats. I do have a video of a Mark Pope bullpen session that he turned around to me when Susac stopped a throw and went "He catch good"
Ah,

One more thing make them shorter :) Whenever I post a player video on youtube (have 96 up now) the shorter the video the more views you seem to get.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
tm decomposer said:
beefycheddar said:
[quote="tm decomposer":sebcv9l1]Nice video. I'm hoping to do the same this summer for my blog.

On the Cape or other places?
On the Cape with Wareham. Wish I was in school last year cause their team was stacked. Their squad this year is meh..[/quote:sebcv9l1]

The best players they had last year didn't stay around long though. They were the biggest example of players showing up Pre-Team USA try outs and being ravaged by players leaving. Also pitch counts hurt them a lot.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ROLLTIDE4LIFE said:
Unimpressive swing. Never sniffs the majors unless his D is superb behind the plate.

He was rated the best defensive catcher in league by most all. Only problem he had, and is working on it, is he is too confident in his arm and throws from his knees too much. He only didn't sign with the Phillies due to Boras, who I believe he isn't working with anymore. Honestly we just figured we were getting a great defensive catcher that wouldn't hit, then he came out and was our best offensive player all season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts