Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Baseball In person Autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Chris Jonhson
-2008 Bowman
-2008 Bowman gold
-2010 Topps
-2010 Topps A&G

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Jimmy Wynn
-1976 Isaly's disc
-2004 Sweet Spot Classic

Bill Hall
-2005 Topps Total

Hunter Pence
-2010 Topps Astros team card

Bobby Meacham
-1984 Topps
-1985 Topps
-1987 Topps

Dave Raymond
-3.5x5.5

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
Bud Norris - 2010 Topps
Michael Bourn - 2010 Topps
Brian Bogusevic - OMLB
Shane Reynolds - OMLB

Scans on the cards forthcoming... I'm glad I brought my blue sharpie because they didn't have one at the table. Unfortunately, I forgot to get it back from Bourn. Oops.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I was towards the front of the line, and was able to make it through twice. All in blue, unless noted.

Brett Dolan
-3.5x5.5

Bud Norris
-3.5x5.5
-2009 Bowman
-2010 Topps
-2008 Donruss Threads

Brian Bogusevic
-(2) 2005 Bowman gold
-(4) 2005 Bowman

Shane Reynolds
-1998 Topps
-2000 Stadium Club
-2001 Fleer Tradition
-1998 Pacific Omega
-1991 Topps

Michael Bourn
-2010 Topps Astros team card (I had it signed one way by Pence yesterday and asked him to sign in the same direction, and even pointed, but he signed the exact opposite way).
-2010 Topps Heritage
-2008 Heritage (both heritage were signed in silver sharpie)

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
17ROCKIES12 said:
I was towards the front of the line, and was able to make it through twice. All in blue, unless noted.

Brett Dolan
-3.5x5.5

Bud Norris
-3.5x5.5
-2009 Bowman
-2010 Topps
-2008 Donruss Threads

Brian Bogusevic
-(2) 2005 Bowman gold
-(4) 2005 Bowman

Shane Reynolds
-1998 Topps
-2000 Stadium Club
-2001 Fleer Tradition
-1998 Pacific Omega
-1991 Topps

Michael Bourn
-2010 Topps Astros team card (I had it signed one way by Pence yesterday and asked him to sign in the same direction, and even pointed, but he signed the exact opposite way).
-2010 Topps Heritage
-2008 Heritage (both heritage were signed in silver sharpie)

How'd you get so many items signed? I got one each with my ticket and even tried to get Reynolds to sign my card in addition to my ball and was quite quickly told I could only get one item...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
With the cards you can get more than one if done correctly. What you do is lay them all down in one nice stack all stacked tightly together. This way...the jockeys behind the players can't see what's going on. Then quietly ask if they can sign them.

I'm done for the caravan this year but this is what I got:

Chris Johnson:
two player cards

Brian Bogusevic:
3 player cards, OMLB, team helmet.

Larry Dierker:
one player card and team helmet.

Jim Deshaies:
13 baseball cards and team helmet.

Hunter Pence:
Program with him on the cover.

Bill Hall:
One player card, OMLB, team helmet.

Bobby Meacham:
One player card and team helmet.

Jim Wynn:
One baseball card.

Oh...and a nice Priest Holmes auto on a football. I didn't even attend as I was at work. But its nice to have friends.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
My lasts of the Winter Mexican League

JavierSolano.jpg

CornelioGarcia.jpg

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
ignition said:
How'd you get so many items signed? I got one each with my ticket and even tried to get Reynolds to sign my card in addition to my ball and was quite quickly told I could only get one item...

Players are usually willing to sign more than 1 card at signings like this. I attach the cards to a strip of cardboard that I lay down in front of the players. I can even have more than one player signing at once if people around me are taking a lot of time. I've found that signing a few cards like this takes less time than a player signing a ball or larger item. Also, I think they are ok with it because they know that if I was doing it for money, I'd be getting 16x20s or balls signed. There are some players that I don't do it for. I know that Pence doesn't like signing multiples, and he is a very good signer, so I don't want to annoy him. I'll only put one card in front of him, even if there is time for more.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
January 16, 2011

Winter Warm-Up

Adam Reifer 1/1 card
Tom Lawless 1/1 card
Mark Petkovsek 1/1 8x10
Mark Whiten 1/1 8x10 w/ "4 HRs 12 RBIs 1 Game 9/7/93"
Zack Cox 1/1 8x10 w/ "Mark 11:22-26" and "GO HOGS!"

And my favorites...

Adam Wainwright 1/1 11x14 w/ "Acts 20:24"
Brett Wallace GU AA Springfield Cardinals Jersey (not autographed)

All inscriptions were asked for and pics will be up this week.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
gilbert said:
January 16, 2011

Winter Warm-Up

Adam Reifer 1/1 card
Tom Lawless 1/1 card
Mark Petkovsek 1/1 8x10

And my favorites...

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
ignition said:

Players are usually willing to sign more than 1 card at signings like this. I attach the cards to a strip of cardboard that I lay down in front of the players. I can even have more than one player signing at once if people around me are taking a lot of time. I've found that signing a few cards like this takes less time than a player signing a ball or larger item. Also, I think they are ok with it because they know that if I was doing it for money, I'd be getting 16x20s or balls signed. There are some players that I don't do it for. I know that Pence doesn't like signing multiples, and he is a very good signer, so I don't want to annoy him. I'll only put one card in front of him, even if there is time for more.

You mark my words...in a few years Pence will be the worst signer ever. He has been taken advantage of far too long and I think that combined with the fact he is getting more savvy of the industry...it will make it bad. The dealers rape that dude. Pretty soon expect bats and other items as things he won't sign. He's already done away with inscriptions except for a select few people. Just try getting him to write "Bam Bam" on something.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
predatorkj said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
ignition said:

You mark my words...in a few years Pence will be the worst signer ever. He has been taken advantage of far too long and I think that combined with the fact he is getting more savvy of the industry...it will make it bad. The dealers rape that dude. Pretty soon expect bats and other items as things he won't sign. He's already done away with inscriptions except for a select few people. Just try getting him to write "Bam Bam" on something.
Pence is already done with bats at the stadium. He always looks at you before or after he signs, so I assume he takes note of who is getting what signed. I'll probably get a nice 8x10 soon, but will stick to only cards.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've sent to Pence the last three Spring Trainings with no luck.
Also, looking at your successes, I feel like I'm running behind. I'll have to wait for the Carolina League games to start to get off and running.
DANNY

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
dano7 said:
I've sent to Pence the last three Spring Trainings with no luck.
Also, looking at your successes, I feel like I'm running behind. I'll have to wait for the Carolina League games to start to get off and running.
DANNY
He has a low ST rate, but I have seen a couple.

I can't wait for the season to start either. The only reason I can justify traveling so far for autographs is because I miss it so much.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
predatorkj said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
ignition said:

Pence is already done with bats at the stadium. He always looks at you before or after he signs, so I assume he takes note of who is getting what signed. I'll probably get a nice 8x10 soon, but will stick to only cards.

I'm glad I already got him on the "good" stuff as it were. I think some of these players forget that "collectors" like nice stuff too. Besides...what's his auto even worth? I got to asking some of these dealers if all this stuff even sells and they were pretty tight lipped but in all seriousness...I'll bet it used to sell. Now...not so much.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
gilbert said:
January 16, 2011

Winter Warm-Up

Adam Reifer 1/1 card
Tom Lawless 1/1 card
Mark Petkovsek 1/1 8x10

And my favorites...

I would not recommend getting that Brett Wallace jersey signed. I stood in line at Winter Warm Up a few years ago, I stood there for about an hour when i got to the table he snatched the picture out of my hand grabbed a sharpie put B.W. and a line and that was the biggest waste of an 8x10 ive ever had. But it is your jersey so it is not my decision. :)

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
With some help, today I got:
Bill Brown
-3.5x5.5

Chris Johnson
-(9) 2008 Bowman
-(1) 2008 Bowman gold

Brett Wallace
-(5) 2009 FCB promo cards
-2009 FCB promo front plate
-2009 FCB promo back plate