Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pettitte to Retire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Terrible, damn.

TylerKepner

Cashman on Pettitte just now: "Same thing: he has chosen not to play. There's nothing new. Andy Pettitte is not in play."
6 minutes ago via web

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Canocollector#1 said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":2qlr2qw4]http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118078

What about it?[/quote:2qlr2qw4]

You don't see any connection between the content of the two threads?

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Personally, I'm glad. He had a great career, but he's not the same Andy he was from years ago. He served the team well but it was definitely time to move on.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Not officially:

yankees.lhblogs.com

Cashman: “It’s a misunderstanding”
Scratch that.

Just got off the phone with Brian Cashman who said The Daily News story about Andy Pettitte’s decision is not accurate. ”It’s a misunderstanding,” Cashman said.

This was Cashman’s quote, as relayed by The Daily News: “I don’t think he’s determined if he’s officially finished or not, but he’s chosen at this stage at least not to start in 2011.”

Cashman said you could basically substitute the word “pitch” for the word “start.” What Cashman meant was, at this stage, Pettitte is choosing not to pitch in 2011, but the Yankees are — as they’ve been all winter — waiting for Pettitte to let them know something official. He’s leaning toward retirement, and he’ll let them know if that situation changes.

“Nothing new or different,” Cashman said. “Exactly what I’ve been saying for the past month or two months.”

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jbone17 said:
There is only one thing for Cashman and the Yankees to do now, and that is go get King Felix and do it quickly.

What makes Yankee Fans believe that they can just "go get" King Felix? Who says he is for trade?

Who says the Yankees have enough to get him? Jesus MOntero would only be a SMALL piece to that puzzle to get it done if he were for trade.

skrip

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
zach said:
Personally, I'm glad. He had a great career, but he's not the same Andy he was from years ago. He served the team well but it was definitely time to move on.

I'd still rather have Andy than Mitre or most other in house options

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
ballerskrip said:
jbone17 said:
There is only one thing for Cashman and the Yankees to do now, and that is go get King Felix and do it quickly.

What makes Yankee Fans believe that they can just "go get" King Felix? Who says he is for trade?

Who says the Yankees have enough to get him? Jesus MOntero would only be a SMALL piece to that puzzle to get it done if he were for trade.

skrip

+1. Yankee fans need to chill. The Yankees will do what is smart and right. Sure getting Felix is great but, we probably don't have enough for him. We have to stop thinking that we can get whoever we want.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
ballerskrip said:
jbone17 said:

skrip

The Yanks have enough to get him. Yes, Montero would be a small piece, but they have what it takes. I am sure the Mariners believe they will be going somewhere this season. They almost pulled the trigger on the Cliff Lee deal when the Yanks came knocking. The Yanks are going to surprise someone before ST. Watch.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I am really getting sick of Andy. The Yankees have paid him rediculous amounts of money over the last 15 years and he can't decide. I know family is important, but give me a break. This shouldn't be that hard. If he can't decide, we don't need him move on. No money in June or July.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
jbone17 said:
ballerskrip said:
jbone17 said:

skrip

The Yanks have enough to get him. Yes, Montero would be a small piece, but they have what it takes. I am sure the Mariners believe they will be going somewhere this season. They almost pulled the trigger on the Cliff Lee deal when the Yanks came knocking. The Yanks are going to surprise someone before ST. Watch.

Mariners sure, we'll trade Felix:

Phil Hughes, Montero, Betances, Banelos, Nunez and Cashman's first born. Felix isn't Cliff Lee, he is better, younger and cheaper.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jdacunha said:
jbone17 said:
ballerskrip said:
jbone17 said:

skrip

Mariners sure, we'll trade Felix:

Phil Hughes, Montero, Betances, Banelos, Nunez and Cashman's first born. Felix isn't Cliff Lee, he is better, younger and cheaper.

That is probably what the Mariners would ask for, and would come close to getting that much for him as well.

skrip

Members online