Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tribe on Tour (Indians Caravan) With random ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Indians are having their annual Caravan event. Stinks compared to most teams but this year they do have some better signers.

Manny Acta
Shin-Soo Choo
Michael Brantley
Matt LaPorta
Tony Sipp
Mike Hargrove
Aaron Laffey

Not doing any 50/50's or anything just thought I would post for anyone interested... More details if you would like just PM me or go to the Indians website.

Also have a question for anyone who reads this... Do you sell Topps base cards around spring training simply for TTM and/or IP? I have a bunch of left over Indians as well as 2010 Update cards but was wondering if you buy or sell lots on eBay or anything, thanks for any advice!

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
I'm super jealous that after years of nothing they finally decided to start having this event for the first time since the mid-90s (and Wahoo Winterfest) right after I move to Houston, TX. I would say the selection of players isn't bad considering who's on the roster. Choo alone is worth it, and I know Charboneau, Barker, and Hargrove will be signing a bunch of days too.

I'm going to try and talk my dad into going and getting Choo for me, but somehow I feel that's going to be an uphill battle.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
They had something similar last year and I was able to get Aaron Laffey and Adam Miller but that was it. They had a question and answer session along with a memorabilia auction but I wasn't able to buy anything.

This year all four stops are at malls around the area with different events like a homerun derby, meet and greets and sugar-dale hot dog mascots are gonna be there WOOO :lol:

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Just thought I would post my results. Just missed Choo by about 15 people before they sent him home. Was in line for 2 1/2 hours and they sent everyone through the line to sign except Choo, he got to sit down the entire time.

Everyone seemed in a good mood and didn't mind talking a little, it was nice! And my girlfriend actually stood in line with me without complaining one bit! I think I got a keeper.

scan0069.jpg
scan0073.jpg

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
I had my parents to go to the Beachwood signing (as my wife and I moved to Texas 3 years ago...) and they said it was a clusterf*ck. I asked them to have two balls with them - one for Choo and one for Hargrove (which I wanted to get "'74 ROY" inscribed on it.

Apparently Hargrove got there at 5 but all the other players were late. The line didn't move because no one wanted to get Grover's autograph and then jump back in line, so he basically sat there for an hour and then left around 6, 2 hours before the signing was scheduled to end. My dad didn't know what was going on at the front of the line, so he didn't know what happened until he got up there and asked where Hargrove was. By the time the players got there, the organizers realized there was no way the line would be able to get through everyone so they had the players start strategically throughout the line and actually walk down the line to sign. Thankfully my dad lucked out and had Choo as his "signer." My dad was also conscious enough to stop Choo when he tried signing the side panel and had him sign the sweet spot. My mom commented that Choo was very friendly, spoke English very well, and made sure to thank every fan for coming out and supporting the team.

All I know is that if I was first in line expecting 5 or 6 autos, I would have been incensed when I saw the players breaking up to sign at different parts of the line.

Sounds like not all stops were as screwed up as Beachwood, though!!

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Ours seemed rather organized. Like you said though they had the players go through the line and sign.

As for Choo being friendly and happy, I have to agree 100% he was just in a good mood, happy to take pictures with everyone and signed all day with a smile. Really was nice to see.