Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily Thread - Thursday - January 13, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
G'morning everyone. :)

My wonderful Xfinity from Concast went out last night :evil: . I was without internet, which is what I do with my spare time. I couldn't call about it because the phone is part of the service. And I couldn't watch tv to pass the time because cable is part of it.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
magnet that is a straight up roast in the ravnes thread. you can not compete with my post :D BTW in the Auburn thread you stated he was no tried or convicted.

Pleading guilty is a conviction :) He just did not remember the killers name he had get into his limo and drive away ::facepalm::

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
wheeler281 said:
magnet that is a straight up roast in the ravnes thread. you can not compete with my post :D BTW in the Auburn thread you stated he was no tried or convicted.

Pleading guilty is a conviction :) He just did not remember the killers name he had get into his limo and drive away ::facepalm::
He plead guilty to obstruction of justice, not murder. For murder, he was neither tried nor convicted :p .

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I feel so bad for Dolphins fans right now. They're interviewing Brad Clueless for the OC job. I wonder if Childress will try to bring in Jim Kelly or some other old QB from an in-division rival to try and win games ::facepalm:: :lol: .

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I think the steelers are going to win, but I have a hard time betting this game. Right now the majority of the bets are on the Ravens, because of their +3.5 right now. SO tempting.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ryo1549 said:
I think the steelers are going to win, but I have a hard time betting this game. Right now the majority of the bets are on the Ravens, because of their +3.5 right now. SO tempting.

I like the OVER too. Good luck if you do it!

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Ummmm.....

WTF?!

(CNN) -- A 4-month-old baby boy from Grain Valley, Missouri, was in critical condition after a family pet ferret ate seven of the infant's fingers, and the boy's parents are under investigation for neglect and failure to obtain a $100 license for the exotic pet, police chief Aaron Ambrose told CNN Tuesday.

Authorities are not releasing the names of the baby or his parents, Ambrose said.
The mother was awakened at 2:30 a.m. Monday to her baby's crying, and she awakened her husband with screams upon discovering what happened, Ambrose said.
The dad killed the pet by hurling it across the house, Ambrose said.

The baby now has only two thumbs and a partial pinkie, the chief said. The ferret was about six months old, a police report said.

"It's very unusual, there's no doubt about it," Ambrose said of the incident.

Ambrose said he believed the ferret was a young animal recently acquired by the family.
"We're trying to figure out if this thing had a crate or a cage, or was it running around the house," Ambrose said. "It jumped into the rocker thing that the baby was sleeping in and ate seven of its fingers."

The parents said "they never heard the baby crying" until late into the ordeal, Ambrose said. "Who knows what's going on there. These are all things we're working on now -- where they were sleeping and where the baby was in conjunction with them."

Upon seeing the ferret, the father "just grabbed it and threw it," Ambrose said. "It hit a dishwasher or cabinet or something like that."

A necropsy is being performed on the ferret to examine its stomach contents and determine whether the animal had rabies, Ambrose said.

A law enforcement colleague with ties to Shriners International, a philanthropy known for working with child burn victims, called Ambrose upon hearing the news and made him aware of a procedure in which some toes can be surgically removed and attached to the hands in place of fingers, Ambrose said.

Ambrose said he wasn't aware Tuesday of whether the family was made aware of the Shriner's interest in baby's case. The baby is the care of Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri, which is 25 miles west of Grain Valley, Ambrose said.

"They can take the child's toes, like two per foot, and attach them to the hands and elongate them where they become like fingers," Ambrose said. "It's all free and it's through the Shriners.

"It's nice to know there are options out there. He can somewhat of a normal life as far as using his hands," Ambrose said.

In the recent past, animal control officers responded to complaints about the family's dogs, including a Rottweiler, Ambrose said.

"They have had other animal issues with dogs for licensing and things like that," Ambrose said, adding that a dog license costs $10 or so in Grain Valley. "There was a concern back in the summer about barking dogs and...the way they were keeping the animals."

In the wake of the most recent incident, ferret activists and rescuers from around the country have called Ambrose about the pet.

"We've had them calling from all sorts of states asking about the ferret," Ambrose said. "Well, I guess if you collect dead ferrets, you can have one."

Ambrose said parents should examine safety about pets.

"If you have a baby or children, if you have animals, I would assume you want to educate yourself on the animal," Ambrose said. "Are they good around kids? Hopefully, people will take a general look at this and see what's the lesson."

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Yikes on the ferret. I wake up when I hear anything. Kinda odd that you would not hear you kid getting their fingers chewed off.

Waiting for the mail carrier for what will be a fantastic mailday.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
WOW, that's crazy about that ferret eating his fingers.

A friend of mine when I was in my late teens had a ferret, that ferret would get high with us. After about 10 minutes it would start sippin on it's water bottle, it was hilarious. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts