Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yanks sign Soriano

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Good to hear. Finally they do something this offseason.
SI_JonHeyman

#yankees agree to terms with rafael soriano
less than a minute ago via web

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
not thrilled with the move...the bullpen will be very solid. does this mean joba is going to the rotation after they added Soriano and Feliciano?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I thought that Yankees stated MANY times that they weren't going to give up their first round pick for anyone outside Cliff Lee.

So much for that....

skrip

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
rafael soriano is the only player I've seen come back from a line drive to the head and pitch better then before he got hit

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I thought that Yankees stated MANY times that they weren't going to give up their first round pick for anyone outside Cliff Lee.

So much for that....

skrip

“I will not lose our No. 1 draft pick,” Cashman said. “I would have for Cliff Lee. I won’t lose our No. 1 draft pick for anyone else.”

Since Soriano, Pavano and Balfour turned down their teams’ offers of arbitration after being ranked as Type A free agents, clubs have to surrender a top 2011 pick to sign them. The Yankees’ first round pick (31st overall) is unprotected.

Though the Yankees were in contact with Soriano and agent Scott Boras, they are not pursuing him.

::facepalm:: :benson: Why do they even bother saying anything?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
It's just like Cashman saying that Montero is his starting catcher then a few days later they sign Martin.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
honestly who cares about the pick. the yankees have a win now mentality unlike the rays who everytime they look like theyll be dangerous either trade away or dont resign their players so by them getting a DP wont matter till 3-4 years anywyas. In 3-4 yankees can win a WS or 2. Im pumped with this signing as Soriano is one of the most dominant closers in baseball now hes setting up MO. As long as hughes,burnett nova and who ever else can go 5 innings the yankees can squeak out a win between joba,robertson,feliciano soriano and Mo. its about time the yankees make a mensingful move

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
panic-button.jpg

Members online

Latest posts