Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thinking of giving away several nice cards to members of FCB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have several nice cards sitting in a box from past group breaks and boxes I opened. I was thinking of giving several of them away here to members for free but am concerened about a few things and need help. These cards consist of several cut autos and rc autos ext.. They do have pretty nice value to them as well. I do not sell on ebay and would not want to give these cards to members that are only looking to flip them. They are intended for those that collect these people and will enjoy them in their collection. How can I go about knowing these cards are going to the right people? I do not have a list of the cards at this time, but will work on getting them tonight. Any help is appreciated on how I can do this.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Nice offer and good luck on people actually keeping the cards. There are some on here that would but I bet most of the ones that say they would just to get them, would most likely sell them at a later date.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
as George said look to the list in his link for the biggest collectors of said player or team and also the most active on this board.. Thanks for your generosity and congrats to whoever receives cards from you.

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
I would start with people that you have delt with in the past. If they collect a certain player or "kind" of card they would most likely hold onto it. Player collectors is another great way to insure that they go to a good home. Good luck finding those cards homes and great gesture!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Just ask that they show proof they collect, maybe either a website, photobucket, have/want list, or even an old post proving they collect whatever team/player.

Great gesture by the way.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Great list george and thanks for the advice others. I was thinking of posting a card eah day or close to and hope some of the long time members here can help with finding a good home for it. I am sure there might be some that say it is pc but the sale value is to much for them not to flip. I REALLY hope these can go to collectors and not ones that just want to profit from them.

I hope it is not much to ask, but the only thing I was hoping in return is a mailer sent to me with address and postage on it so I can just put the cards in and have the mailman take away. I have no idea what the total value of the cards will be, but they will make nice additions to the PC's of members. My plan is to only have a couple dozen high end cards and let the others here enjoy the rest.

The Ulysses S Grant/Robert E. Lee dual cut will not be one of them. :D

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
Just wanted to say great gesture, and thank you. Any Ernie Banks or Walter Payton stuff will have a great home with me. Thanks again.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
I will list the first couple cards tonight after work. Thanks everyone and hopefully this works out ok.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
As many have already said, team & player collectors will keep them for their PC.

That being said, anything Pittsburgh related will have a nice home in my PC.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
bmp1 said:
I will list the first couple cards tonight after work. Thanks everyone and hopefully this works out ok.

Great gesture, I'm with you in hoping everything works out as planned. I've been lucky enough to have recieved freebies and given my fare share, I don't understand why collectors would get rid of a card high value or not when someone has put the time into singling them out and doing such a generous thing. O well, again good luck and hope its a positive result.

That grant/lee cuts sounds awesome, do you have a scan? I've been told that my grandma whose maiden name was grant is related to president grant, so I've always liked the guy. More so for his service as a general then his presidency, but nonethleless

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Great gesture!

I don't hardly sell anything as it is, and anything that is a gift is PC for life... That is the way that a lot of members here think (as I have observed in many many mailday threads).

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have given away plenty on these boards. it is nice when a collector gets something that actually means something besides dollar signs. Great thing your doing here hopefully you can see thru the ton of BS you are about to see.

As for me
Gwynn
Paul O'neill
Rod Carew
Yankees are my passion.

If my house were bigger I could display everything that i want to.