Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First few cards that will be given away. Please post here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Here is a list of cards I am willing to send to a member that collects them and will keep in their PC. This is not a first response gets it, but who can show they collect them and will enjoy the card. All I ask is that you mail me a bubble envelope that is self addressed and has postage. Also, if you want a topps sterling card, please send a top loader that fits the card as I do not have any that size. The topps sterling have been sitting in the box and in great condition. Thanks.

1994 SP #15 Alex Rodriguez RC bgs 8.5
09 Topps Sterling Don Mattingly 3 peice 1 bat and two jersey one being 2 color #/10
09 Roy Campanella 4 piece 1 bat and 3 jersey with 2 different collors #/25
09 Topps Sterling Miguel Cabrera 3 pice jersey with a 2 color Auto #10.

I really hope these go to a good home and maybe some of the members here can help on where that would be a good fit for the cards. Thanks.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Re: First few cards that will be given away.

Wow! Great gesture! and just another reason this is the Best Board on the Web for cards.

I have to admit I don't have an A-Rod PC, in fact my PC is pretty small, but I'd love a shot at that one. And yes, it would never leave the Collection.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW

Hey man, been a Miguel Cabrera collector ever since I started collecting. I would love a shot at that Topps Sterling card, as it would look great in my personal collection. Here is a sampling of my Miggy PC.

BWnrr1gB2kKGrHgoH-DgEjlLlgJ6SBKYSey.jpg
IMG00121-20091202-2044-1.jpg
342636953_tp.jpg
lgogo-1.jpg
crd.jpg
scano.jpg

I dont have nearly all of my miggy cards scanned, but I have over 600 miggy cards, including over 40 1/1's. That sterling would look great in my collection! Either way, this is a very generous thing of you to do. Thanks again.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010

I would like to post saying that Miguelcabrera gets my vote for the one to win the Miguel card. He has multiple times sent me cards as gift for no reason and believe he should win this one.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Yankees1218 said:
I would like to post saying that Miguelcabrera gets my vote for the one to win the Miguel card. He has multiple times sent me cards as gift for no reason and believe he should win this one.

I agree with this post. He should get the miggy card.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008

Obviously I don't collect any of those guys but I just wanted to say this a great gesture and wherever you send them, I hope they are appreciated.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008

miguelcabrera said:
Hey man, been a Miguel Cabrera collector ever since I started collecting. I would love a shot at that Topps Sterling card, as it would look great in my personal collection. Here is a sampling of my Miggy PC.

BWnrr1gB2kKGrHgoH-DgEjlLlgJ6SBKYSey.jpg
IMG00121-20091202-2044-1.jpg
342636953_tp.jpg
lgogo-1.jpg
crd.jpg
scano.jpg

I dont have nearly all of my miggy cards scanned, but I have over 600 miggy cards, including over 40 1/1's. That sterling would look great in my collection! Either way, this is a very generous thing of you to do. Thanks again.

The Miggy is yours. Hard to not send it to a collector of his such as yourself.

I am getting a buch a PM's and was hoping to get the responses here as to your collection and such. I guess my ultimate goal is to give these to people that first off dont own the current card and will appreciate them. Thanks everyone.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008

bmp1 said:
The Miggy is yours. Hard to not send it to a collector of his such as yourself.

I am getting a buch a PM's and was hoping to get the responses here as to your collection and such. I guess my ultimate goal is to give these to people that first off dont own the current card and will appreciate them. Thanks everyone.

Edit your first post and add that they must post here as a requirement and I'm sure some of the other members can help you weed through honest collectors and those looking for a flip.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

Not entering for any of those cards but wanted to also add what a nice gesture this is by a great member. Is there any doubt FCB is the best card site with the best community?

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010

PM'd you about the Alex Rodriguez Rookie for my PC.

Thanks.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW

Thanks a ton! I will definitely appreciate the card, and it will never leave the collection.
Thanks again.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
This was my PM:

Yankees1218 said:
Hello,
I was sending this PM regarding your Alex Rodriguez Rookie Card and was wondering if i could be the one to have it. I have been a Yankees fan my whole life and he is my second favorite player on the yankees, behind Jeter :). Let me know and thanks either way!!!

CG

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Yankees1218 said:
This was my PM:

Yankees1218 said:
Hello,
I was sending this PM regarding your Alex Rodriguez Rookie Card and was wondering if i could be the one to have it. I have been a Yankees fan my whole life and he is my second favorite player on the yankees, behind Jeter :). Let me know and thanks either way!!!

CG

The card is yours. Not because of the PM you listed above but the other one you sent me. I was hoping this card was going to go to a young yankee collector. I will PM you my address for the envelope to be sent. Enjoy the card.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
This is such a great jesture. Though I am not putting my name in for anything (unless a sweet Pacific card comes up), this is amazing that you are giving cards that everyone on this board would LOVE to own.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
RITM said:
Fantastic gesture.

I collect Babe Ruth cut autographs! ;)

:lol: Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I just felt that others would enjoy these cards more than me as my collecting has taken a turn and opening boxes for the most part is done. I have no problem continuing to do this if people are ok with sending a self addressed envelope. I was looking at some of the other cards and it appears there is more football than baseball that I will be giving away. There will be one Honus Wagner coming up soon and no it is not a cut but is game-used. :D Thanks again for the nice comments.

Members online