Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newbie eBay question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
In my scramble to win some TF tickets, I cut my losses and hit a bin of $40 for a single ticket. I paid, and I thought life was great.

I log into ebay to find out that I apparently won a pair. Yes, I remember bidding on them. But last I had checked, the auction was like $51. I didn't think anything of it. I check back in to see I had won these for about THIRTY TWO DOLLARS which is a crazy low price.

The thing is, I ended up winning these for an astonishingly low price, and I am considering paying for them, and maybe re-selling them re-coup some "losses".

Now remember, I am a new ebayer... I have only been buying for about 3 months.

Here are my questions...

1. How did this happen?
2. Should I contact the seller, or just buy them and re-sell?

Sorry if what I said is a little foggy, I am trying to do some stuff at the moment. I can clarify if you need me too.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
What are TF tickets?
and if you won them on ebay you need to pay for them.
If you back out of the deal let me know your Ebay ID so I can BLOCK YOU! :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
gogosox40 said:
What are TF tickets?
and if you won them on ebay you need to pay for them.
If you back out of the deal let me know your Ebay ID so I can BLOCK YOU! :lol:

Haha I probably won't back out. I am getting these for an insanely cheap price.

(TF=TwinsFest)

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've had the same stuff happen where the seller of the auction cancelled bids or the high bidder retracted his bids and suddenly you go from 2nd place to high bidder.

Ebay will just tell you you have to pay or get a NPB strike even though you were outbid...at least that's what they told me about 6 months ago.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
my suggestion would be instead of selling back on ebay, can you just sell them at twins fest before you walk in? i'm sure that there will be people looking to buy tickets to attend. plus, it will save you on ebay/paypal fees.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
gt2590 said:
Huh? :?

More details needed, I think.

Sorry about that... I thought it was a foggy description.

Ok...

From the beginning:

We ordered 2 TwinsFest tickets from the Twins themselves. We found out that we were going to have another person tag along, so I turned to eBay.

I was bidding on tickets for about 2 weeks. I can remember bidding on this auction, and when it went over the budget, I gave up. I ended up hitting a BIN on one ticket for about $40 from a different seller.

I checked into ebay today and looked under my won/purchased tab, and noticed I had to pay for 1 item. I checked and I found that it was the auction (mentioned above).

When I last saw the auction, it was going for about $51. I thought I had lost, so I stopped watching it. Somehow it ended with my first bid at $32.50.

I wanted to know if some of the bidders had retracted their bids, or didn't pay.

Then I wanted to know what I should do with the tickets... if I should purchase and re-sell.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
nurvanna said:
my suggestion would be instead of selling back on ebay, can you just sell them at twins fest before you walk in? i'm sure that there will be people looking to buy tickets to attend. plus, it will save you on ebay/paypal fees.

good idea

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Did you put out an offer on any ? You might've won 'em with a best offer.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
What we decided is that we are going to sell. I think we should sell with a BIN of about $65...

Here is my math (watch out, you might lose some IQ points if you continue).

Original tickets = $18
eBay buy #1 = $40
eBay buy #2 = $36

Total: $94

We have a total of 5 tickets... so if we sell the 2 that we don't need, our total investment will only be about $29, which is $2 over what we would have paid if we would have ordered from the site (before fees of course).

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Now I get it. Yeah, just sell the extra two NOW so you have plenty of time for the buyer to pay and verify they got the tickets.

Tickets on eBay are all over the place and alot of people back out of deals for alot of reasons.

Good luck!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
gt2590 said:
Now I get it. Yeah, just sell the extra two NOW so you have plenty of time for the buyer to pay and verify they got the tickets.

Tickets on eBay are all over the place and alot of people back out of deals for alot of reasons.

Good luck!

Thanks!

We will probably throw them up tomorrow or so. Since they aren't in hand, we will probably sell the 2 that we have in hand and wait for the other 3 to come in the mail

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Apparently, the seller said that bids were being retracted and wanted to cancel the auction all together.

Hopefully, we can figure this out. I said I am fine with paying for them.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
UPDATE:

Seller and I came to an agreement. I am not going to be paying for the tickets, ONLY because the other bidders screwed the seller over, and I didn't feel it was right to take advantage of that. I said I would pay for them if that is what they wanted, or if they preferred to re-list the items since everyone else backed out.

They said they would like to re-list them, which was fine with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts