Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

collecting taillon, sano, ackley, chapman????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
Thinking about collecting these guys. While there is the most significant question marks regarding sano and taillon, can chapman cards or these other guys cards appreciate significantly in value, specifically their chrome autos and ref autos (blue, gold, etc..)? Specifically, would chapman be a bad investment considering all of the hype, or is there still growth potential there? Any info and opinions are appreciated.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Of all of them, Ackley will have the soonest jump, likely when he gets the call up this year. MLB network/ESPN will be all over it.
His chrome autos will jump to pretty high levels i think.

Aroldis likely will jump as well, maybe just not as high. He probably will when/if he becomes a starter.

Between sano and Taillon, i'd go for sano.... Hitters are generally safer bets.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
thanks for the info, I am just getting into prospecting, any other suggestions of top prospects worth collecting is also much appreciated!

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Sano may be moved off the SS position due to size and there is always the age issue.

Taillon has no issues right now besides being young and a pitcher, if he was a Yankees prospect his stuff would be double but once he performs in the minors I think it will go up pretty well.

If Chapman is a reliever this entire season it will not be good for his cards. Nobody collects closers unless they have 15+ years of dominance like Mariano.

Is Ackley that close to coming up?

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
Yankees1218 said:
Shoulde be up in June....
He should be starting in my opinion.. With Jose Lopez dealt, it's his to take out of spring training and after his showing in the AFL, he looks polished enough even with the slow start in 2010.

Members online