Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And my head explodes in.....5.....4.....3.....2........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Bad day for me...................................

I have hated this guy with a passion since 2003 and now the Cardinals have signed him...............hopefully he doesn't make the team out of Spring Training and is allowed to walk.

tino.jpg

ExplodingHead.gif

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
elmalo said:
I like him. Why would you hate him? I loved it when he was on the Jays.

Um, he threw a baseball as hard as he could from point blank range right at someone's face.........maybe that's why?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
ideal0024 said:
Sam Banks said:
elmalo said:

Um, he threw a baseball as hard as he could from point blank range right at someone's face.........maybe that's why?

Guy should have slid then.

Happens in rec ball all the time. I always say throw the ball to prove the guy interfered. His bad for not sliding. He'll slide next time for sure.

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
lisu said:
ideal0024 said:
Sam Banks said:
elmalo said:

Happens in rec ball all the time. I always say throw the ball to prove the guy interfered. His bad for not sliding. He'll slide next time for sure.

I'm a high school coach & I teach my middle infielders not to alter their throwing motion or steps & to throw through the runner if he is in the path. If they don't slid it's their own issue. Besides that runner is bearing down usually in an attempt to slid as hard as he can into the fielder & that is considered acceptable.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
ideal0024 said:
lisu said:
ideal0024 said:
Sam Banks said:
elmalo said:

I'm a high school coach & I teach my middle infielders not to alter their throwing motion or steps & to throw through the runner if he is in the path. If they don't slid it's their own issue. Besides that runner is bearing down usually in an attempt to slid as hard as he can into the fielder & that is considered acceptable.

Word.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6326938

Cards' Martinez, D-Backs' Batista tossed after benches clear

April 20, 2003
ST. LOUIS -- Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Miguel Batista and St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Tino Martinez were ejected after their fight precipitated a bench-clearing brawl during the fifth inning Sunday.

The fight came during the finale of a three-game series between teams that met in the first round of the playoffs last fall. Batista was the loser in Game 3 as the Cardinals swept the series against the defending World Series champions.

Batista hit Martinez in the right shoulder blade on a 1-0 count to start the fifth and the two jawed at each other while Martinez slowly made his way to first, finally deciding not to charge the mound.

Martinez was forced out at second on J.D. Drew's groundout and was trotting off the field before he suddenly made a right turn to attack Batista.

The right-hander threw the baseball at Martinez, missing with it as Martinez threw a punch. Both benches quickly cleared and Batista, constantly backing up, threw a few more punches before manager Bob Brenly forced him all the way into shallow left field.

AP NEWS

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Sam Banks said:
elmalo said:

Sam, it's been 8 years. Get. Over. It.

It affected you in no way other than it COULD have hurt a favorite player of yours, who played for both of your favorite reams.

But, wait, he wasn't hurt, was he?

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
Anthony K. said:
Sam, it's been 8 years. Get. Over. It.

It affected you in no way other than it COULD have hurt a favorite player of yours, who played for both of your favorite reams.

But, wait, he wasn't hurt, was he?

That's like saying attempted murder shouldn't be a crime because you didn't actually kill anyone. You didn't, but come on.

Members online

No members online now.