Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WP Show...anyone go today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Don't hold your breath on newer prospect stuff. There was a decent amount of 2007-2008 chrome and sterling at decent prices but outside of Mickey and Sharon, not much else.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
JVC said:
Don't hold your breath on newer prospect stuff. There was a decent amount of 2007-2008 chrome and sterling at decent prices but outside of Mickey and Sharon, not much else.

So you didnt pick up anything from the 90s? I always look forward to scans of inserts from the 90s that you pick up

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
MojoDan said:
JVC said:

So you didnt pick up anything from the 90s? I always look forward to scans of inserts from the 90s that you pick up

I've been really lazy about scanning my pickups lately but since you asked, here's a small sampling of stuff that I picked up at the show.

wp1.jpg
wp2.jpg

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
alright great i hate the basement shows. Ill be there tommorow hopefully will get gooden and will be looking around.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
JVC said:

You said it playa. I went with a list of prospects to buy and though I walked way very happy, finding the players I was looking for (and spending the $800 budget I came with) it was real tough. I did eventually get autos of prospects on my list whose cards should be fire come Spring Training but I only got like 1 or 2 max on each guy.

Hardly any Bryce Harper to speak of - one guy had some graded 9.5 at a fair price.

Was Mikey the bald guy in the red shirt? Older gentleman?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
glewis22 said:
JVC said:

You said it playa. I went with a list of prospects to buy and though I walked way very happy, finding the players I was looking for (and spending the $800 budget I came with) it was real tough. I did eventually get autos of prospects on my list whose cards should be fire come Spring Training but I only got like 1 or 2 max on each guy.

Hardly any Bryce Harper to speak of - one guy had some graded 9.5 at a fair price.

Was Mikey the bald guy in the red shirt? Older gentleman?

Yup, that's him.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
1st4040 said:
anything Canseco at all JVC or anyone else that is attending?

Didn't see anything high end. Your best bet at these shows is to find things in bargain bins. Most of the dealers there aren't putting Canseco cards out in their showcases.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
yeah I don't expect Canseco in any case but 90's inserts in bargain bins would be realistic.. maybe a gem or two in there to be had for cheap. if anyone spots any let me know

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
got back about an hour ago today

couldn't make it last nite but had about 2 hours to kill in the morning so went there to sub some rcr's

it was pretty packed but didnt really run into anyone

anywho, some prospects

IMG-33.jpg

some "oldies" but goodies

IMG_0001-14.jpg

this david price gold ref bgs 9.5 is my 5th!

the ichiro is the retrofractor version! bought it raw about a year ago!

i dont ever buy singles at white plains or hofstra show because most times, the prices are higher than usual but while waiting for my rcr's, browsed through the tables and noticed a derrick rose topps chrome xfractor rookie raw. seller was selling for his buddy and was firm on $80.

picked up my rcr's and asked charles at beckett if he can get this 1x card graded asap! he said 30 min or less!

IMG_0002-12.jpg

:mrgreen:

had a great time but was only there for 2 hours...

hope those who went had a great time, purchases and pulls!

topnotch, i apologize that i couldnt pm ya about the psa thing. it just popped into my head when i left...hope someone else had hooked it up for you

lyonel, if you are reading this (and i know you will!), was that you with a case of bcdp (im assuming) walking to the parking lot?! lol!

dave

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
I was there today there was quite a few people getting mets things done but it was as crowded as most shows. The show was pretty good overall

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Pretty good today. Got a Yelich Ref auto, Arenado Base chrome auto, and a Matzek base chrome auto for $30 total... Pretty good deals i thought.

Saw soemone buy a Machado blue for $120.... Dont understand why it was that cheap. I think the guy just pulled it.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Had to coach some 4th grade basketball.

Dave, how much cash do you put in the top loader with the card?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
daveyou said:
lyonel, if you are reading this (and i know you will!), was that you with a case of bcdp (im assuming) walking to the parking lot?! lol!

dave

Dave,

I wish, I wish. I didn't even bring enough cash for HALF a case of BDP! lol :lol:

But, this was my best show eva! I'll post a recap in a bit! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts