Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone know if I have any recouse at all? Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
So if you print a label at home for an ebay sale and ship it and for whatever reason no one at the post office local or where the delivery goes scans the delivery confirmation label and it's not tracked at all and you believe it's been delivered, what recouse would I have? What would happen if the buyer opens a dispute/claim with paypal? There is no information on the label tracking. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
None. The buyer would probably win. I dropped an item off at the post office just recently and no one there scanned it, but it was scanned when it was to be delivered to the destination.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
They'd automatically get their money. If you can't prove the post office received your package for delivery, you might as well have never sent it, one in the same. Not only do you have to prove the post office received it, but delivered it to your buyer safely. Remember, ebay's buyer protection policy doesn't protect the seller at all. Buyer will always win.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
maybe there is a paper trail?

i buy more than i have sold, however if you print a paypal shipping label for an item.....am i incorrect in thinking that an email is automatically sent to the buyer? why i state this is, i'll get an email from ebay sating that my item has been marked as shipped. sometimes there is a tracking number. i click on that tracking number and it reads something to the effect of the item is waiting to be received by the post office. if delivery confirmation is used i would think at some point during transit it's scanned. so my point is, there has to be some way the post office can see it' last scan point/location. ****this is all naive speculation because i really don't know myself.**** best of luck for a positive outcome.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
nurvanna said:
maybe there is a paper trail?

i buy more than i have sold, however if you print a paypal shipping label for an item.....am i incorrect in thinking that an email is automatically sent to the buyer? why i state this is, i'll get an email from ebay sating that my item has been marked as shipped. sometimes there is a tracking number. i click on that tracking number and it reads something to the effect of the item is waiting to be received by the post office. if delivery confirmation is used i would think at some point during transit it's scanned. so my point is, there has to be some way the post office can see it' last scan point/location. ****this is all naive speculation because i really don't know myself.**** best of luck for a positive outcome.

I would hope so, I called the 800# on the usps website and I was told I had to go to my home based post office where it would have been processed, I gave it to my mailman with one other package and its already been delivered, just this one is still out there; I have a feeling it was delivered but the buyer is just trying to keep the card but we'll see Tuesday I guess

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I always hand deliver packages at the USPS even if the labels are printed at home. A lot of innocent folks have had packages stolen before they are "in the system". I know they get tired of me doing that but I want to physically see them scan it in the system and give me that receipt saying it is in their possession.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
I usually take stuff into the post office but i gave these 2 to my mailman and i've never had an issue at all. I know the other one was already delivered but I just think somehow this one got skipped on the scan (somehow) I just find it completely hard to swallow being out $250 AND the card

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
That is a rough situation. Hopefully it shows up. Unfortunately if you do not have any way to prove they received it you are going to be out of luck. I hate that the situation is the way it is but the dishonest make it hard on the honest. A couple of months ago a guy on a different forum sent me game used items for flood relief. An empty box arrived to a local church we had him mail the items to. I was there when the mail arrived and it was literally a box that had been ripped open. It was not insured and there was no recourse. I still can't believe that nobody in the chain of command stopped and asked why a box was ripped open like that. Not only did a guy donate, the flood relief lost on on possible proceeds.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Anything 250 or over needs signature conformation. So I hope for your sake it was UNDER 250 .

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
what's the card in question and where was it going? i would think that a $250 card is bound to surface again, maybe soon. dishonest people are usually pretty arrogant and stupid.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
it was a Feller 38 Goudey RC PSA 3 I sold for $250, no insurance no signature required so i guess i'm gonna get screwed on this one

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
nyc3 said:
Anything 250 or over needs signature conformation. So I hope for your sake it was UNDER 250 .

This. If that truely is the case and it was a item at that price level, simple DC will not win. Sorry bro..

What was the item? Like said above, if it is a big ticket item and serially numbered, we will see it again likely.

~AJ

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
I think there are some buyers out there who check to see if item was scanned and if it wasn't file a claim knowing they would win a despute. I had someone file a claim on me recently the exact day of dispute eligibility and said item had not arrived and I ignored his requests to help settle his despute. I sent him and ebay a copy of the note with date stamps and times of the three emails i sent him and guy still claimed he hadn't heard from me. The item wasn't scanned on his side but it should have arrived less than 48 hours from time he paid based on tracking info. It wasnt for a huge amount but still bugs you when it's left out of your control.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Not an eBay item, but I shipped a package with several hundred in insurance. No one ever scanned it, it was lost, and I couldn't claim insurance because there was no proof of acceptance. Now I don't mail unless the mail carrier is there to scan it, or I have them scan it at the PO.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bighurtcollector said:
it was a Feller 38 Goudey RC PSA 3 I sold for $250, no insurance no signature required so i guess i'm gonna get screwed on this one

It dont mean you are screwed for sure but know even if it does show shipped since it didn't have signature conformation you would lose if he opened a dispute as crazy as that sounds. Now thats saying a lot since it will be clearly mail fraud and you would have a BIT of leverage by contacting the PO. But for future reference ANYTHING 250 or over NEEDS SIGNATURE conformation. Just keep your fingers crossed it gets delivered and the buyer is an honest one.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
For what it's worth, DELIVERY Confirmation is just that. Nowhere in postal regulations does it say that items with DC are to be tracked every step on the way, or when they are checked into the system, or at any time other than delivery. DC is not tracking, it is DC, and there is a big difference between the two. The PO tries to scan them in at different points along the way, but this is considered "going above and beyond" and is not required at any point other than delivery.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I always get insurance if its anything of value, even if they don't scan it, they cover you on your word if you buy insurance.

Members online