Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Reason why players are not introduced at the SB anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Do you remember the last time you watched a Super Bowl and they introduced the starting lineup by name and position? You probably can't and there is a reason for it. But think real quick, do you remember???

The last Super Bowl that had player introductions was 2000 Super Bowl featuring the Underdog Baltimore Ravens against the New York Giants.

The reason is because of the following introduction. The Brass of the super bowl production company did want impromptu gestures on live TV.

If this intro changed it all, it was worth it.....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/ ... 24bb5f.mp4

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I've always hated how Ray Lewis pranced around like a little bitch before every game. Great player but he needs to drop the idiotic dance.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
One Bad Day said:
lol awwww. No Ray Ray love?
F him, he's a ******....love the player, can't stand him off of it though. Which is fine, because I know a lot of people would say that about a lot of Steelers. Nature of the beast.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Fair enough. I can't say that I know too much about the guy off the field, other than that I love the old spice commercials.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
If I remember correctly, one of the teams wanted to come out as a team to show unity and it kind of stuck after that.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I don't see any reason that that is different from over in the NBA where LeBrown stain throws his chalk into the air. NFL = No Fun League.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
goldenegg1 said:
If I remember correctly, one of the teams wanted to come out as a team to show unity and it kind of stuck after that.

It was the Patriots when they beat the Rams in 2001. So 2000 was not the last year for player introductions since the Rams got introduced by each player in 2001.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
[quote="Reds in 2009":10id93fh]
goldenegg1 said:

It was the Patriots when they beat the Rams in 2001. So 2000 was not the last year for player introductions since the Rams got introduced by each player in 2001.

Are you sure?[/quote:10id93fh]

That was what I was thinking too.
I'm just about positive the Rams had individual introductions......if they didn't, I'm not sure why there would have been such a big deal regarding the Patriots refusing to do it that way and instead coming out as a "team".

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
Big Mac McGwire said:
JoshHamilton said:
Ray Lewis is a *********

Why because he recorded another 100+ tackle season at the dinosaur age of 35.

I think hes earned the right to amp the crowd up before a game. The leaves it all out on the field. I dont see how that makes him a *********

No, because he murdered a guy, or at least knows who did and helped cover it up.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
[quote="Reds in 2009":77jb5o5i]
goldenegg1 said:

Are you sure?[/quote:77jb5o5i]

Yep.

Right after 9-11-01 the Patriots came out as a team. And since they won and it was right after 9-11.... the rest of the teams did that as well.

Edit- NEW ORLEANS -- The New England Patriots stepped onto the Louisiana Superdome turf as one, opting for no pregame introductions after the St. Louis Rams took the field for Super Bowl XXXVI. The unexpected change made a prophetic statement: Win or lose, they were going to do so as a team.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Junior Griffey said:
Ray Lewis is the greatest linebacker of all time. He can do whatever kind of dance he likes.

Ray Lewis would only be the greatest LB of all time if he changed his name to Lawrence Taylor

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Dick Butkus ***** them both out.

LT was great....pass rushing. He changed the way the LBer position was played. His pass rush is what made him elite though and he essentially created the 3-4 scheme.

Members online

Latest posts