Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HELP! My BGS10 2007 BDP MOUSTAKAS RED /5 sold to Puerto Rico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I have never shipped anything to Puerto Rico before and I will not ship this card unless I know that I can 100% track it and insure it. I don't really know where to start to find this info. I checked USPS and since it is technically part of the USA, it looks like I could ship just like I would to any other state.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156

I have not received payment yet, but are there any potential issues with shipping to PR? As you can tell by the sale, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks with this.

There is one odd thing though. They buyer offered $700 and then later on hit the BIN.

Also, if I am correct, I couldn't get this insured for $1500 at USPS could I? I would need to send it through UPS or FED EX for appropriate coverage, correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Well Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States I doubt you will have very many issues shipping down there as I send stuff to friends there all the time. While I know you are not sending to friend mailing there has never been an issue for me. For $1500 However I would just send UPS or FEDEX.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Anyone else know if any other concerns I should have. I want to protect myself as best as I can so I am not out of money and a card. Not saying the guy is a cheat, but I want to be careful just the same.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
You shouldn't be any more concerned with sending something to PR than any of the 50 states. I've sent high value cards there before.

Do what you would normally do as if you were mailing it to any of the 50 states. This is true for Puerto Rico and the US ****** Islands.

It's any of the OTHER territories (American Samoa, Guam, etc) and the APO/FPO's addresses you should be concerned with, since signature conf. is NOT available to those locations.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
This is comforting to know. I thought that was the case, but I know this board is great about providing info for situations such as this.

Now, can this be done through Paypal due to the insurance value or would I need to go to the USPS to do it?

cmnkb8 said:
You shouldn't be any more concerned with sending something to PR than any of the 50 states. I've sent high value cards there before.

Do what you would normally do as if you were mailing it to any of the 50 states. This is true for Puerto Rico and the US ****** Islands.

It's any of the OTHER territories (American Samoa, Guam, etc) and the APO/FPO's addresses you should be concerned with, since signature conf. is NOT available to those locations.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
roundtree34 said:
they use the same guide lines as the usps, you should have no troubles.
I have shipped to Puerto Rico many times, use USPS just like you would in shipping to any of the 50 states. The cost is the same as if you where to ship to me in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Members online

Latest posts