Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bart Scott Should he be ALLOWED to even play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Trash talk is trash talk its all in good fun as fans as players it is a game

but when someone outright threatens to end someones career should they even be allowed on the field

"I'll tell you what," Scott said via Newsday that afternoon when asked about Wes Welker's foot routine. "Be very careful what you say about our coach. His (Welker's) days in a uniform will be numbered. Put it like that."

that is out and out uncalled for take out patriots jets take out players take out EVERYTHING it boils down to that is someones LIFE and these are real people in these uniforms and a "thug" attitude like that the whole if i can't beat you ill kill you is BS i truly feel and YES if it was a patriot i would say the same thing that is unneeded and uncalled for he should not be allowed to play in this game

what is the NFL truly going to do if he comes out and NAILS Wes Welker and does some real damage look back and go OPPS my bad maybe we should have done something about that ?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-g ... e=HP_video

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/15/bart ... er/?synd=1

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
These guys get paid to knock each other around and you think Scott should be disciplined for something he said?

He's not threatening to blow up the stadium, he's talking trash, trying to get in Welker's head. That's all it is. Don't make a huge case out of it.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Trash talk is one thing

Saying im going to end your career is another "His days in a uniform will be numbered" is uncalled for and to me is A LOT more then trash talking

@ P_Manning 18 trash talking is trash talking as said above can you all truly say that it is OK to say we are going to end your career what is everyone going to be saying if he takes a few cheap shots on wes during the game o well

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I see nothing wrong with it...but the first little dirty play he makes, ejection.

Mind me asking who signed the copy of FF IX in your avatar?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jmagic87 said:
Trash talk is one thing

Saying im going to end your career is another "His days in a uniform will be numbered" is uncalled for and to me is A LOT more then trash talking

@ P_Manning 18 trash talking is trash talking as said above can you all truly say that it is OK to say we are going to end your career what is everyone going to be saying if he takes a few cheap shots on wes during the game o well
Try throwing in a comma or a period every now and then, it makes sentences A LOT easier to read.

It's just trash talking, you're reading too much into it.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Card Magnet said:
I see nothing wrong with it...but the first little dirty play he makes, ejection.

now that i could agree with

i mean saying words are words but the 1st action you take to carry out those words and your done

and the copy of FF9 was autographed by final fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Where was the outcry when Gregg Williams said he wanted Manning knocked out of the Super Bowl?

As mentioned, if he lays a hit remotely borderline he is gone. Another reason to save the talk for after the game.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
jmagic87 said:
Card Magnet said:

i mean saying words are words but the 1st action you take to carry out those words and your done

Now that's a pretty cool signed item! I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, and Nobuo Uematsu does some amazing work.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
Card Magnet said:
jmagic87 said:
[quote="Card Magnet":74wvmp8u]I see nothing wrong with it...but the first little dirty play he makes, ejection.

Now that's a pretty cool signed item! I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, and Nobuo Uematsu does some amazing work.[/quote:74wvmp8u]

Thanks if you really that interested in his autograph shoot me a PM there all IP but i have a few of them i might be willing to give one up in a trade (anime boston 2010 i was security staff he was a guest)

@RITM that is what i am trying to get at take away players/teams ect my point is the league as a whole should not tolerate this BS

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I've never had respect for an opponent who talks trash. General sign of fear and insecurity. You lose and you look stupid. You win and you're still a ********. Just play the damn game and shut up.

I don't care for either team but I love to see mouth piece players get blown up.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Think about all the **** that gets said when these guys are down on the field. I would guarantee Welker isn't worried about this, so relax.

Football is a big boys sport. The constant pussifying of the game lately is getting ridiculous.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
deceptikon1978 said:
Think about all the **** that gets said when these guys are down on the field. I would guarantee Welker isn't worried about this, so relax.

Football is a big boys sport. The constant pussifying of the game lately is getting ridiculous.

Football is a big boys sport, but it still falls under the umbrella of law. There's mutual consent to engage in combat within the rules of play. If Bart Scott breaks those rules, I hope Welker takes every last drop of money in his bank account.

There's a difference between talking trash and threatening to take away someone's livelihood. It makes for good press clippings, I guess.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Sweetness said:
I see this as a non-issue. What players say to the media is just publicity.

I see it as a non-issue, too, but talk about overreacting...

The Jets (Ryan specifically) start trash-talking the Patriots before they've even played Indy. They beat Indy, and he starts saying things like "it's personal" and Jets players are calling Brady unprintable names. So Welker slyly includes some feet references in a press conference - which, I'm sure, need to be pointed out and explained to the Jets players - and Bart Scott jumps it up by threatening to end a career of a player responding to trash talk Scott's coach started in the first place. It makes him look a) homicidal and b) like a huge baby that can give but not take.

At least Mangold took two days to put out and horribly forced and unfunny Tweet, because, well, that's about the capacity of Nick Mangold.

Members online

Latest posts