Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Trout Blue Ref Auto at $200+?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Just cruising ebay and noticed how high these cards are...I just don't see this getting any higher....who's buying these at those prices?!

Maybe it's time for people to sell their high end Trout's...

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
If he gets Heyward hype come spring training, there's still room for prices to move up.

Do you remember what Heyward Blue Ref Auto's peaked at during ST?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Not exactly, but IIRC they were over $300 at one point.

Of course, Heyward was at AA the year before and had a decent shot of making the opening day roster (which he did). Trout is 2 years younger and was in A+ last year, so it's a slightly different situation...although you never know.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Montero stuff will blow up way beyond Trout the first spring training homerun he hits or the batting practice hr's a la Heyward.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
cmnkb8 said:

Of course, Heyward was at AA the year before and had a decent shot of making the opening day roster (which he did). Trout is 2 years younger and was in A+ last year, so it's a slightly different situation...although you never know.

Trout could be on the Starlin Castro path to the majors. If Trout hits and hits often in AA and Bourjos is hitting .210-.240, Trout will be up by June.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
cmnkb8 said:

Nope, you don't recall correctly.

The peak for this card has never been over $225. I owned one and tracked sales all throughout last year. One did get around $215 before shipping though, in the middle of last summer. Graded copies have sold few and far between, with one belonging to a board member getting somewhere around the $215 plateau. I don't recall what others have sold for.

This card has a ton of potential, but for those who think otherwise, I HIGHLY doubt that Trout's ST hype will exceed Jesus's. Every day we get closer to ST is another day during which Jesus Montero remains affiliated with the New York Yankees. I have been wrong in the past though, believe it or not. :lol:

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
aminors said:
cmnkb8 said:

The peak for this card has never been over $225. I owned one and tracked sales all throughout last year. One did get around $215 before shipping though, in the middle of last summer. Graded copies have sold few and far between, with one belonging to a board member getting somewhere around the $215 plateau. I don't recall what others have sold for.

This card has a ton of potential, but for those who think otherwise, I HIGHLY doubt that Trout's ST hype will exceed Jesus's. Every day we get closer to ST is another day during which Jesus Montero remains affiliated with the New York Yankees. I have been wrong in the past though, believe it or not. :lol:

aminors...are you saying that heyward never peaked over $200? Confused as I have seen few sell under $300...at his peak a few raw hit over $400.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
burke23 said:
aminors said:
cmnkb8 said:

aminors...are you saying that heyward never peaked over $200? Confused as I have seen few sell under $300...at his peak a few raw hit over $400.

No sir, I'm saying that Trout blues have never been above 225 on ebay, much less 300.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
mwashuc06 said:
Heyward: Ken Griffey Jr.
Trout: Johnny Damon with a bit better hitting ability

Better hitting ability than a guy who has a shot at 3,000 hits? I can't decide if this is a slight on Damon or if people think Trout is the next Ty Cobb.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Vagrant said:
mwashuc06 said:

Better hitting ability than a guy who has a shot at 3,000 hits? I can't decide if this is a slight on Damon or if people think Trout is the next Ty Cobb.

Trout has the upside to win a batting crown...

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
Vagrant said:
mwashuc06 said:

So did Howie Kendrick...

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
mwashuc06 said:
Vagrant said:
mwashuc06 said:

So he has the upside to have a better season?

cardguy

Aug 24, 2008
OHIO
http://cgi.ebay.com/09-MIKE-TROUT-BOWMA ... 20b663e4a4

Sold my only one. Just ended today. I did not have much money into the card so it was an easy choice for me. I decide more on when to sell cards on how much profit I can gain rather than when I think the card has topped out. My reasoning is because to many times I guess wrong.

In conclusion: If I make money off a card I was prospecting....I am a happy guy!! :D :)

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Sometimes people need to improve their reading comprehension. Aminors you replied to a question about heyward blue autos with trout pricing history. Hence the confusion.

Heyward blue autos were over $300 in ST and peaked at $500. Right now they sell for $300-325 range.

Trout parallels are inching toward new highs.

In fact many prospects rc autos are slowly on the rise with spring coming around the corner.
Guys like Stanton, trout, montero, Freeman, bumgarner,chapman, belt, moustakas etc have been moving up. I am going to selling a lot right before ST but keep some back in case of a big spring bump

Members online

Latest posts