Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Arizona Diamondbacks Top 10 Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Surprised Goldschmidt missed out.

TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Jarrod Parker, rhp
2. Tyler Skaggs, lhp
3. Matt Davidson, 3b
4. Chris Owings, ss
5. Marc Krauss, of
6. A.J. *******, of
7. Bobby Borchering, 3b
8. Wade Miley, lhp
9. Patrick Corbin, lhp
10. Keon Broxton, of

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average A.J. *******
Best Power Hitter Bobby Borchering
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Jake Elmore
Fastest Baserunner Westley Moss
Best Athlete Ty Linton
Best Fastball Jarrod Parker
Best Curveball Tyler Skaggs
Best Slider Jarrod Parker
Best Changeup Chase Anderson
Best Control Chase Anderson
Best Defensive Catcher Rossmel Perez
Best Defensive Infielder Chris Owings
Best Infield Arm Raul Navarro
Best Defensive Outfielder A.J. *******
Best Outfield Arm Collin Cowgill

PROJECTED 2014
LINEUP
Catcher Miguel Montero
First Base Bobby Borchering
Second Base Chris Owings
Third Base Matt Davidson
Shortstop Stephen Drew
Left Field Marc Krauss
Center Field Chris Young
Right Field Justin Upton
No. 1 Starter Jarrod Parker
No. 2 Starter Tyler Skaggs
No. 3 Starter Daniel Hudson
No. 4 Starter Ian Kennedy
No. 5 Starter Wade Miley
Closer Kevin Munson

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
bradical said:
Lots of hope in Parker for that franchise.

"Arizona hasn't ruled out the possibility that he could break camp in the big league rotation with an impressive spring training, and scouts who saw him in instructional league say he's ready to pitch in the majors."

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
sigma_chi said:
Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

BA has soured on Borchering. I've sold off a bunch as well.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Messier2 said:
sigma_chi said:
Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

Why do you think they have? Why did you sell if you don't mind me asking? I know he started off molasses slow last year but he seemed to start really mashing to end the year. I know strikeouts are a huge problem but the power potential is undeniable.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
sigma_chi said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":3qcew4er]Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

Why do you think they have? Why did you sell if you don't mind me asking? I know he started off molasses slow last year but he seemed to start really mashing to end the year. I know strikeouts are a huge problem but the power potential is undeniable.[/quote:3qcew4er]

He graded as below average on A LOT of defensive categories and can't stick at 3B. I sold off because I was in very low and made a ton on him so I could not pass up a chance to get some $$$. Also, have you seen his left handed swing...I just don't see how anyone can generate consistent power with that swing.

I have a few Borcherings left but not as much as I used to.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Messier2 said:
sigma_chi said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":32cvc245]Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

Why do you think they have? Why did you sell if you don't mind me asking? I know he started off molasses slow last year but he seemed to start really mashing to end the year. I know strikeouts are a huge problem but the power potential is undeniable.

He graded as below average on A LOT of defensive categories and can't stick at 3B. I sold off because I was in very low and made a ton on him so I could not pass up a chance to get some $$$. Also, have you seen his left handed swing...I just don't see how anyone can generate consistent power with that swing.

I have a few Borcherings left but not as much as I used to.[/quote:32cvc245]

I think you did the smart thing. There have been tons of guys who stall out because of defensive issues. Power isn't everything in real baseball, unlike prospecting and fantasy. :lol:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
nborton said:
Messier2 said:
sigma_chi said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":1c9ngwdv]Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

I think you did the smart thing. There have been tons of guys who stall out because of defensive issues. Power isn't everything in real baseball, unlike prospecting and fantasy. :lol:[/quote:1c9ngwdv]

Yeah, I have a feeling he's just not going to have the same impact as his hype coming out of the 2009 draft. He's going to be an ok player don't get me wrong but not the "Chipper-eque" hype that he had last year.

Let me put it this way...if a player that was OUT injured all of last year (*******) passes him on the top 10 list...that's NOT a good sign for him...

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
JP where do you think Holmberg is? I kind of thought he might have been in the top 10? Im not confused am I? He is on the D'Backs?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ahill1 said:
JP where do you think Holmberg is? I kind of thought he might have been in the top 10? Im not confused am I? He is on the D'Backs?

He's one of my questions in the chat and yes, he is with their organization. Came over with Hudson. I'd guess he's in the early teens.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
nborton said:
Messier2 said:
sigma_chi said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="sigma_chi":18fsvmfg]Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

I think you did the smart thing. There have been tons of guys who stall out because of defensive issues. Power isn't everything in real baseball, unlike prospecting and fantasy. :lol:

Yeah, I have a feeling he's just not going to have the same impact as his hype coming out of the 2009 draft. He's going to be an ok player don't get me wrong but not the "Chipper-eque" hype that he had last year.

Let me put it this way...if a player that was OUT injured all of last year (*******) passes him on the top 10 list...that's NOT a good sign for him...[/quote:18fsvmfg]

AJ was an Arizona Fall League all star. He didn't miss the entire year.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
beefycheddar said:
Messier2 said:
nborton said:
Messier2 said:
sigma_chi said:
[quote="Messier2":3d83o5x2][quote="sigma_chi":3d83o5x2]Borchering 7th...disappointing. Also surprised he got "best power hitter" over Goldschmidt.

Let me put it this way...if a player that was OUT injured all of last year (*******) passes him on the top 10 list...that's NOT a good sign for him...[/quote:3d83o5x2]

AJ was an Arizona Fall League all star. He didn't miss the entire year.[/quote:3d83o5x2]

Ok, I meant the whole minor league year...minus the AFL! :D

Members online

Latest posts