Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest custom - BABE Ruth STyle - POLL

Which

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Here is the latest mockup...help me decide on playcement of the "BABE RUTH" and the CUT.
Which do you like better
ruthx3.png

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
And if makes any difference, it will be displayed side by side the cobb

cobb-babe.png

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
I liked the one on the right too. Do the stats make the card too busy/are they too big?

you have to realize the cards are blown up, and the font is not that big.
The cobb is already made, and it looks great...i will show an actual scan of finished cobb in actual size in a moment.
That said, regardless if you think it is big or not, it will be same size as cobb.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
this is about actual size, and the numbers are supposed to stand out as their greatest achievements.
cobb2-1.jpg

A_Pharis

I picked top left. If it is going to be displayed next to the Cobb then the design should mirror the design of the Cobb. Having the Cobb cut right-aligned will make a center-aligned Ruth cut look "off". If they were displayed apart -- the opinion may be different. Just not when they are right next to each other.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
A_Pharis said:
I picked top left. If it is going to be displayed next to the Cobb then the design should mirror the design of the Cobb. Having the Cobb cut right-aligned will make a center-aligned Ruth cut look "off". If they were displayed apart -- the opinion may be different. Just not when they are right next to each other.
Thats a good point, + the cut is right below the name (Cobb) as is the one on the left.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
A_Pharis said:

This is my thinking also, but dont quite like the way it feels like the font has to be squeezed below ruths face.
I am thinking to remove the "ghost ruth pic" all together so the cut and name will breathe better.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
A consideration. Do you want "Career .690 Slugging Percentage" as opposed to .690 Career Slugging Percentage?"

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
A consideration. Do you want "Career .690 Slugging Percentage" as opposed to .690 Career Slugging Percentage?"

Good thought, let me think on that one.

Members online

Latest posts