Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how many search in title and Include description ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
don't you hate it when you look at bin, and a seller has a complete set of 90 bowman for sale, 1 CARD AT A TIME!
then just when you go through the 3 plus pages just to find he has listed a complete set of 90 fleer. do these people understand the concept " a waste of time " ?
icon_facepalm.gif

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
I do because I would have missed this if I didn't...

2005%20Absolute%20Memorabilia%20Tools%20of%20the%20Trade%20Autograph%20Jersey%20Reverse%20112%20Large.jpg

I know it's annoying to find all kinds of unrelated auctions but you never know what gems you may pass up by not doing so.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Usually I search for what I want first then I'll click title/description. Makes it easier for me to weed out the crap and find deals.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
nosterbor said:
don't you hate it when you look at bin, and a seller has a complete set of 90 bowman for sale, 1 CARD AT A TIME!
then just when you go through the 3 plus pages just to find he has listed a complete set of 90 fleer. do these people understand the concept " a waste of time " ?
icon_facepalm.gif

Do you mean like the "Iggy" guy just listed? It's extremely annoying since I do search by title and description. Every so often when he relists all his cards, I have to sift through a few hundred auctions to get to the most recent ones that aren't his. It's due to the fact he uses Beckett's description which lists Vizquel as a rookie in the set. Every card in the set has the same description, hence there are hundreds of cards unrelated to Omar that I have to sort through.

Not upset with the guy and he's not doing anything wrong. But (selfishly) it is annoyingly inconvenient.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i have found some great cards in lots this way! i got the one in my sig that way. was listed as bin $100 title was just "rare topps stars" no pic the description was great!
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have done this a few hundred times. When I find what I'm looking for I even click on the sellers other stuff
just to see if there is anything else I may want. I have found some good deals in my opinion.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I've had luck with it, this ended up being free. I found a lot and sold the other 4 cards for the price of the auction.

GreenbergRuffingDP.jpg

Brian

Members online

Latest posts