Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 draft talk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Yes I know the season is still going on, but with both the Patriots and Colts out of the playoffs, I am looking ahead to the draft. Yes I hate the Steelers too, but not nearly as much as the colts, so although i will be rooting against them, it isnt the same as if the colts were in the afc championship. Anyways, the Pats have essentially 3 first rd picks, as one of them is the first of the 2nd round. Patriots fans who do you want them to pick, and who do you actually think will be available with their first pick.

Here is a list I'd like to see them go after, and next to it I will write if I think they will be available at that slot or not. The ones who are not maybe they can move up in the draft to get them.

aj greene- will not be available
julio jones- slight chance, maybe move up and pick him
mark ingram- could be available
petersen- wont be
prince- wont be
von miller- possibly
quinn- probably not
clayborn- possibly available

Its too bad the raiders pick wasnt higher, but do you see any of those players being available at that slot?

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
my guess is they will draft mostly defense this coming year. They scouted Mark Ingram early this season, but I'm not sure they will go after a RB after the success they've mustered by mixing Woodhead and Green-Ellis. They probably have interest in grabbing one WR, and I imagine they will want more security in case they lose Mankins after his hold out last year.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Adrian Clayborn could also be available - his stock slipped this year. He could do really well in NE.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Slette said:
Adrian Clayborn could also be available - his stock slipped this year. He could do really well in NE.

Clayborn and Hayword are two DT/DE's that will fit well w/ innonative defenses like the Pats, Jets, or Ravens.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
dfr52 said:
Slette said:

Clayborn and Hayword are two DT/DE's that will fit well w/ innonative defenses like the Pats, Jets, or Ravens.

Exactly what I was thinking. Just hope they are around at 17, more so worried about Clayborn being available.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
My other question is do you guys think Luck staying hurt the pats or helped. The obvious answer is hurt, as he would have gone number one and thus one more player would have been on the board for the Pats. However with Luck not in the draft, do teams force a QB pick earlier than they would have b/c they are desparate and Luck isnt avaialble (maybe Newton and Mallett would have gone after 17 had Luck entered the draft), thus pushing up Newton and Mallett to before 17 and thus the Pats gain two players on the board by the time they pick.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
If Ryan Mallett is still on the board at #15 and the Dolphins don't pick him.......something is getting thrown through the TV.

That's my lone thought on the draft at this point. :lol:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
rymflaherty said:
If Ryan Mallett is still on the board at #15 and the Dolphins don't pick him.......something is getting thrown through the TV.

That's my lone thought on the draft at this point. :lol:

I do think he will be the best qb of the draft, including luck even though he isnt in this draft. just my opinion though.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Mallett IMO will tank. No footwork. Suspect accuracy. Just do not see him doing well unless he gets to sit for awhile. In todays NFL that won't happen. He has a rocket arm that is about it

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
wheeler281 said:
Mallett IMO will tank. No footwork. Suspect accuracy. Just do not see him doing well unless he gets to sit for awhile. In todays NFL that won't happen. He has a rocket arm that is about it

Agree on the footwork. I'm less worried about accuracy than I am about decision making. Inopportune picks. He will need to learn to throw the ball away or take a sack. Another mistake prone QB by the name of Jay Cutler will be appearing in the NFC title game. Of course Cutler gaffed to allow the Packers in the playoffs and another big one will keep him away from the Bowl. Aaron Rodgers rode pine for three years so see no reason why Mallett couldn't take a seat. I would not be shocked to see Mallett go in the top 12 or fall out of the first round. He is a prototypical high risk, high reward pick. If he slips past Washington or Minnesota it is a long way down to the top of the second round.

Members online

Latest posts