Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Colorado Rockies Top 10 Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Another list with Bettis far down. Huh.

TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Tyler Matzek, lhp
2. Wilin Rosario, c
3. Nolan Arenado, 3b
4. Christian Friedrich, lhp
5. Peter Tago, rhp
6. Kyle Parker, of
7. Rex Brothers, lhp
8. Juan Nicasio, rhp
9. Chad Bettis, rhp
10. Hector Gomez, ss

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Nolan Arenado
Best Power Hitter Kyle Parker
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Jordan Pacheco
Fastest Baserunner Russell Wilson
Best Athlete Russell Wilson
Best Fastball Tyler Matzek
Best Curveball Christian Friedrich
Best Slider Rex Brothers
Best Changeup Edwar Cabrera
Best Control Parker Frazier
Best Defensive Catcher Wilin Rosario
Best Defensive Infielder Thomas Field
Best Infield Arm Nolan Arenado
Best Defensive Outfielder Eliezer Mesa
Best Outfield Arm Tim Wheeler

PROJECTED 2014
LINEUP
Catcher Wilin Rosario
First Base Nolan Arenado
Second Base Hector Gomez
Third Base Ian Stewart
Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki
Left Field Kyle Parker
Center Field Dexter Fowler
Right Field Carlos Gonzalez
No. 1 Starter Ubaldo Jimenez
No. 2 Starter Tyler Matzek
No. 3 Starter Jhouyls Chacin
No. 4 Starter Peter Tago
No. 5 Starter Christian Freidrich
Closer Rex Brothers

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
tm decomposer said:
Peter Tago!!

Interesting how he ranks behind Friedrich on the list, yet is projected as a #4 while Friedrich is #5 on the 2014 lineup card.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
Jaypers said:
tm decomposer said:
Peter Tago!!

Interesting how he ranks behind Friedrich on the list, yet is projected as a #4 while Friedrich is #5 on the 2014 lineup card.
I also find it interesting how BA said he could become a frontline starter, while he's ranked #4 in the rotation.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
tm decomposer said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="tm decomposer":2mx1qj8m]Peter Tago!!

I also find it interesting how BA said he could become a frontline starter, while he's ranked #4 in the rotation.[/quote:2mx1qj8m]

He should be a rookie in 2014, not many rookies are a #1 in rookie year.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
tm decomposer said:
Peter Tago!!

Friedrich in 2014 should have a few years MLB service, where as Tago should be making his debut most likely.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Naturally I had to ask. Slipped 14 slots. Ouch.

JAYPERS (IL): About how far down your top 30 list did Tim Wheeler fall this year, and could we get your evaluation of his disappointing year in the CAL? What does he need to work on? Are you still a believer in his tools?

Tracy Ringolsby: Wheeler slipped to No. 21 this year. He was given a challenge, jumping to Hi-A Moidesto. The power and run production is still there. He did begin driving the ball the other way during the season and that will help him. He is still in the future plans.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
Bettis really projects as a very good reliever. That fastball belongs in the pen, given he can maintain his velocity.

Nick (Boston): Tracy, where do you see Chad Bettis eventually wind up? If he winds up in the pen, will it be just as a reliever or a closer type?

Tracy Ringolsby: Bettis can relieve and would be a late-inning guy, but his work as a starter last year was impressive and he will continue to get the opportunity to start for now.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Bettis really projects as a very good reliever. That fastball belongs in the pen, given he can maintain his velocity.

Nick (Boston): Tracy, where do you see Chad Bettis eventually wind up? If he winds up in the pen, will it be just as a reliever or a closer type?

Tracy Ringolsby: Bettis can relieve and would be a late-inning guy, but his work as a starter last year was impressive and he will continue to get the opportunity to start for now.

Yup. The rockies are notorious for letting pitchers try to be starters, even if they aren't fully suited for the position.

It works out well for them too, without ruining the pitcher "joba-style".... i.e. Franklin Morales.

Now, in my mind, I see Bettis as a Joba-light (the good one) out of the bullpen. As long as he can hone and develop that fastball, he can thrive on it as an offering.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
LLWesMan said:
Big year for Matzek. Looking to see him put up some strong AA starts by the end of the year.

Assuming he gets promoted. He'll have the odds firmly stacked against him at Modesto.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Hector Gomez reminds me so much of Alfonso Soriano. I'm also holding a red status auto that I bought for 7 bucks...

Members online

Latest posts