Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Base Rendons Heating Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
New high. Seems as though singles sell better than multiples of him in one lot.

Can't wait until I get mine from BGS.

[ebay:1uf8hu8f]280617184944[/ebay:1uf8hu8f]

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Remember people complaining about the cost of retail Team USA sets and I said Rendon would cover the cost alone in long run.....

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
While I didn't expect these to jump so early, those retail box sets have been a bargain since release.

Even if the Rendons were selling for $5, you are left with $6 (with tax) in 64 other cards with possibly 10 of the first 20 draft picks.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kbob119 said:
Sweet...glad I picked up 10 for 38.00 last week! :D

How much higher could these go before the draft?

See: 2009 USA - Harper, Bryce (base).

I remember picking them up at $4-6 when the sets first released, now they fetch around 10X that.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kbob119 said:
Will Rendon be in any other products before the draft?

Yes, he'll be in 2011 Bowman. He'll have a (manufactured) patch card #d to 25.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
PeteD said:
I've always wondered about this. Why are some American flags shown backwards on uni's?

The full-color U.S. flag cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I was thinking about making this post. I was actually the second bidder as I'm become obsessed with trying to pick these up. I'm up to 26 so far, only 7 of which are BGS worthy. The highest I've paid for one is a tad over $6 dlvd. I was lucky enough to snag 10 of them for $3 each plus shipping.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
While I think they are a good buy to re-sell, clearly because it's his only readily available card....

I still think about how many they actually made. It was nothing like the Harper card, which had just 2,665 produced.

They will still see spikes though, as long as Topps doesn't include him in anything else in mass amounts.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
NECpilgrims8 said:
While I think they are a good buy to re-sell, clearly because it's his only readily available card....

I still think about how many they actually made. It was nothing like the Harper card, which had just 2,665 produced.

They will still see spikes though, as long as Topps doesn't include him in anything else in mass amounts.

You also have to factor in how many 09 USA boxed set Harpers there were + the number of Signature Stars base produced. That's 3 base options, plus a Chrome if you want to include that, yet they all sell very well. Essentially, Harpers total base production exceeds Rendons. If Rendon gets half the hype of Harper, which he should soon once the masses figure out his name (I mean people are still using Bubba Starling as key words when listing Topps USA sets), look out.

Members online

Latest posts