Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Trout Prices

Hold or Sell Trout

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Mike Trout is so sky high right now...do you guys think his stuff can go higher depending where he is on the top 10 list? Or do you think its peaked right now? Unless of course, you think he'll produce.

If you were sitting on trout stuff would you sell or hold?

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
blazers091 said:
he's a corey patterson clone. sell

That's just mean. I think he can actually take a walk, unlike Patterson. But long term players who do NOT hit for power or are not named Ichiro or Joe Mauer don't seem to maintain a ton of value. he will be a better 'real' player than his card prices will show I think.
Pete

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
You guys think the recent sales of xfr for 299, and blue for 220 were legit sales?

There is other trout stuff up for best offer with only 2 offeres and not being sold.

Any thoughts?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I seem to remember the exact same thread last year this time of the year about Jason Heyward who ended up being the #1 prospect. Those that said sell were sorry they did. There is no reason why his prices should drop from now spring training. There is only room for growth. JMO

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
bballcardkid said:
I seem to remember the exact same thread last year this time of the year about Jason Heyward who ended up being the #1 prospect. Those that said sell were sorry they did. There is no reason why his prices should drop from now spring training. There is only room for growth. JMO

Only difference here is that J-Hey was projected to win a spot on the roster out of spring training. Then he hit the 400 footer and the prices got scary. Trout isn't going to break camp with the Angels so you really can't compare the two.

~AJ

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
ajbraves25 said:
bballcardkid said:

Only difference here is that J-Hey was projected to win a spot on the roster out of spring training. Then he hit the 400 footer and the prices got scary. Trout isn't going to break camp with the Angels so you really can't compare the two.

~AJ

His prices got scary long before his 400 footer off big Z (I think that is what your refering too).

I remember a JP reporting a tweet or chat or something this past fall that a whoever the BA staffer was, they wouldn't have been surprised to see Trout get a september call up last year. That obviously didn't happen, but shows how close he was and how he could crack the roster out of ST this year. Probable? No, but honestly I think whether or not he breaks camp is kind of moot. A #1 prospect annointment historically carries a ton of weight. If, and it's a good sized if as Stras was the guy last year that was supposed to get it but a late meeting led to a decision change, he is the #1 guy, I can guarantee those selling now would be sorry. If he's not the #1, oh well, chances are he doesn't lose any value.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
bballcardkid said:
ajbraves25 said:
bballcardkid said:

~AJ

His prices got scary long before his 400 footer off big Z (I think that is what your refering too).

I remember a JP reporting a tweet or chat or something this past fall that a whoever the BA staffer was, they wouldn't have been surprised to see Trout get a september call up last year. That obviously didn't happen, but shows how close he was and how he could crack the roster out of ST this year. Probable? No, but honestly I think whether or not he breaks camp is kind of moot. A #1 prospect annointment historically carries a ton of weight. If, and it's a good sized if as Stras was the guy last year that was supposed to get it but a late meeting led to a decision change, he is the #1 guy, I can guarantee those selling now would be sorry. If he's not the #1, oh well, chances are he doesn't lose any value.

No, I was referring to the ST homer he hit. When he hit the debut homer prices went out of control. I bought in a week into ST and sold right before the season started and still made a killing. I just don't see Trout breaking camp unless a drastic change comes or someone gets hurt. A September cup-o-coffee is a bit difference than breaking camp. Getting named BA #1 will help out ALOT, but his burst would happen if he is in the opening day starting line-up. Even then he isn't a power hitter, so well... you know...

~AJ

asmsportscards

Aug 16, 2008
clubhouse sports said:
You guys think the recent sales of xfr for 299, and blue for 220 were legit sales?

There is other trout stuff up for best offer with only 2 offeres and not being sold.

Any thoughts?
the xfrac for 299 was act my sale, the guy who bought it had 0 feedback but to my suprise he paid and everthing went smooth

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
I would disagree. These things rarely follow logic as most would hope, simply because all it takes is a couple of people (one one person by BIN's) to make prices blow up. While it is possible they will go up more, I'd highly consider selling. Comparing to Heyward IMO is also a mistake. Heyward had all the elements in place to be a hobby superstar (especially power) and then the cards fell perfectly in ST and the beginning of the season. That rarely happens...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
bradical said:
Alex Gordon says sell.
icon_lol.gif
sell! sell! sell!

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
bozemanbreaker said:
If you can turn a decent profit, sell. But I don't think holding at the moment would hurt anyone either.

Why on Gods green earth would you sell now, in the dead of Winter.

Obviously there is even more room for growth on almost ALL Trout cards because once Spring Training hits he will get tons of press and baseball will be on everybodys mind. That alone will cause a spike in his cards.

Yeah, the prices may be high right now, but they are going to go even higher. People are so 1 track minded I swear.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
bballcardkid said:

Finally! Someone with a brain makes a post here.

................AND HE HAS PLENTY OF POWER AND ITS STILL DEVELOPING, people on here make him sound like David Eckstein in terms of his power.

Members online

Latest posts