Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vince Young collection (UT Edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Now, my Top 5:

scan0002-1.jpg
/25. I really like the design

scan0001-2.jpg
The only sticker autograph I've ever purchased, from any sport

scan0007.jpg
VY's first card. He technically has a team issued 2004 card, but it's an uncut sheet and I'm not really sure it was meant to be a card

1.jpg
This is special to me because it's from the National Championship, and I was at the game. There's also an auto'd version /10. It's my white whale. I'd pay four figures for it

2.jpg
My first VY auto and one of my favorite card designs of all time

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Finally you post some scans of your stuff here. Awesome stuff! I especially love the college uniform stuff like this.

My only access to a scanner is at my mom's office. Actually that's a lie. I have two working scanners and 3 working computers, but I'm too lazy to drive two miles to get them and hook them up. I hate being a lazy ass.

I realized I have at least 10-15 more that I can't find. Including the Press Pass Reflector 1/1 that I paid $400 for. Dammit

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
PM me your address, I think I have one from 06 Elite you don't have pictured. If you never get an envelope from me, it probably means I was wrong.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Impressive.

I like him as a Titan of course, but his win against USC was one of the few college bowl games I actually watched and highly enjoyed (for some reason, not a huge college fan - likely due to my work schedule at Wal-Mart having me away from the TV every Saturday).

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Picked up my binder of magazines from his junior season

scan0001-4.jpg
scan0002-2.jpg
vy.jpg
scan0002-3.jpg
scan0001-5.jpg
scan0003-1.jpg
scan0004-1.jpg
scan0005-1.jpg

The last one is my favorite

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This week's new VY stuff:

vy1.jpg
scan0006-1.jpg
scan0009-1.jpg
scan0010-1.jpg

I should have about 10 more coming this week. 

I spent several hours compiling a checklist of all his UT cards. It's still not complete (SA-GE is a bitch) but it's probably 95% accurate. 196 total cards. I'm about 25% finished. Sadly I'd be about 45% done but a flood destroyed a large part of my VY collection in 2007

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Will, awesome VY stuff.

You know you and I share our love of all things UT and especially VY, so I m extremely happy you posted these.

One day I plan on focusing more on UT football players, but for some reason I don't get all that excited about them right now. I blame it on being in Iraq, Germany or Afghanistan for the 08, 09 and 2010 football seasons (I watch less and pay attention less).

Maybe when I get back to the states I can get that list of cards from you and focus on getting a nice percentage of them as well ;)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Ant, I've been buying UT lots on Ebay. I keep accumulating more and more stuff to send you. Any doubles I end up with. I think I'm up to about 50 cards so far. Every time I plan on sending you stuff, I hold off because I keep getting more new stuff.

It's strange, other than VY, I show no favoritism when it comes to buying Longhorns stuff. I even bought a Chris ******* Simms card last week.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
JoshHamilton said:
Ant, I've been buying UT lots on Ebay. I keep accumulating more and more stuff to send you. Any doubles I end up with. I think I'm up to about 50 cards so far. Every time I plan on sending you stuff, I hold off because I keep getting more new stuff.

It's strange, other than VY, I show no favoritism when it comes to buying Longhorns stuff. I even bought a Chris ******* Simms card last week.

I will admit, I really appreciate you putting a package together for me.

I am the same way, when I do buy UT stuff. Got some Selvin Young stuff, Brian Orakpo, etc. Nothing too major, just random low numbered parallels or autos.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This week's mail:

scan0003-3.jpg
scan0006-2.jpg
scan0007-2.jpg
vy-1.jpg
scan0001-7.jpg

And this card I remember getting outbid on '06 for something like $100. Picked it up for $10
scan0002-6.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Slette said:
Great VY pick ups - are you only doing his Longhorns stuff?

It's hard to explain.

Initially in 2006, I tried to collect every card of his. By early 2007, I had 250-300 of his cards. Then, disaster struck. There was a leak in my apartment ceiling. A huge storm caused a 3x3 foot break in the ceiling that dumped water all over my high end VY's. The Exquisite, SPA, and Press Pass 1/1 Reflector were all destroyed. I'd called my apartment six times before that and they never did a damn thing. And they refused to pay for the $4000 worth of cards that were destroyed.

After that I quit collecting him until a few months ago. I still had all my lower end cards that were in a box during the flood. I was starting to pick up more and more UT cards so I figured I'd try the VY collection again. He has a finite amount of Longhorns cards - around 200. And at most, only 3-4 new cards are released each year. I can actually make progress completing it quicker than companies can pump out new cards.

I don't not collect his Titans cards, but I've given up hope on ever building a complete player collection. Especially since a good portion of my stuff was destroyed. I'll pick up a card that catches my eye, and I've been buying base lots on Ebay. To me, a new VY card is a new VY card...I don't care about value. Eventually, I might focus on 2006 cards and try to build a complete run...but it isn't a priority

It also depends where he ends up next year. If he goes to some shatty team like the Raiders, I won't collect any of that crap. I'd like to see him end up with the Vikings, Cardinals, or Jags. Even San Fran. Just not fracking Oakland

Members online