Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Invest in Jarrod Parker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
His prices are pretty good right now. Worried about his health, but I would be selling if he came up and had some success.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
His prices are starting to climb. A Refractor auto ended at like 27 last night and a Blue ended at like 61-ish.
I believe there is still room to make money but it is closing fast.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I won a Blue Ref auto about 2 weeks ago for $45ish and last night I was gonna pick up the Blue that was listed but when it went over $55 I backed out. They are moving up quick, so if anyone is gonna get in, now is the time

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
chromerookies said:
I won a Blue Ref auto about 2 weeks ago for $45ish and last night I was gonna pick up the Blue that was listed but when it went over $55 I backed out. They are moving up quick, so if anyone is gonna get in, now is the time

I had a nice BGS 9.5 Parker BC Auto which sat on eBay for $47.99 for 28 days......until five minutes ago when a board member hit the BIN. Jarrod Parker BC Autos for FCB Hot List on Friday for sure.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
sdsportsfan1214 said:
There are better investments out there then Parker at his current prices

There are also much worse.......

Parker is still solid at these prices, if his stuff and command are back to pre-surgery form, roster spot out of Spring Training is a good bet. Prices will be higher then. So anyone buying now will still make out IMO.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm a big believer. The surprising sale to me last night was the XFractor auto from the same seller that went for $56 dlvd. Certainly makes the blue for $66 dlvd look pretty good.

He's a top notch prospect and all reports I've read basically say the same thing--he's back to form and ready or very close to being ready for the Majors. I think his cards are going to make a big jump in the near future. I also see him as a guy who will be at least in the top 25 for BA, maybe even better.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Joshua.Roundtree said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

Parker is still solid at these prices, if his stuff and command are back to pre-surgery form, roster spot out of Spring Training is a good bet. Prices will be higher then. So anyone buying now will still make out IMO.

I'd rather buy up Mat Latos chrome auto parallels for around the same price as Parker

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

I'd rather buy up Mat Latos chrome auto parallels for around the same price as Parker

I understand where you are coming from, and it's much like the Jon Lester story. Latos is a great pitcher, but buying his autos right now as a prospector doesn't make much sense.

You have to realize and know what drives prices. For the most part, it is hype in the minors and making a big league debut. So many players out there with 1-2 years of MLB experience seem to be "cheap" when compared to guys in the minors. There is a reason for that. So, I would side with Parker. Great fastball, great slider, and solid change and curve.

For any business minds, it reminds me of the "product life cycle." Parker is in the "growth" stage, while I would argue Latos is in the "maturity" stage. What does this mean? Parker has room to grow, while Latos is kind of flat lining.

product_life_cycle_2.png

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
hail2thevictors said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

I understand where you are coming from, and it's much like the Jon Lester story. Latos is a great pitcher, but buying his autos right now as a prospector doesn't make much sense.

You have to realize and know what drives prices. For the most part, it is hype in the minors and making a big league debut. So many players out there with 1-2 years of MLB experience seem to be "cheap" when compared to guys in the minors. There is a reason for that. So, I would side with Parker. Great fastball, great slider, and solid change and curve.

For any business minds, it reminds me of the "product life cycle." Parker is in the "growth" stage, while I would argue Latos is in the "maturity" stage. What does this mean? Parker has room to grow, while Latos is kind of flat lining.

product_life_cycle_2.png

Id rather invest in a pitcher who has showed dominance at the mlb level. Parkers prices are ridiculously high for a guy whose had some minor league success, exactly why pitchers arent usually the best investments because you'll see guys who dominate the minors and cant produce the same output at the major league level. Parker plays on the Dbacks too so that isnt going to help anything much like the Padres market. Parker cards outsell Latos which is laughable to me.
But i completely understand the investment point of view of selling and making money once he debuts and does well if that happens

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Why would he be a bad investment? A future #1 starter, cheap chrome autos, if you bought the last few months (they were $12-$15 each) and plenty of opportunity to make the rotation. Not sure what there is not to like.

Pretty glad I snagged a couple more base autos and a ref auto yesterday off of Beckett marketplace.

skrip

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I'm a big believer. The surprising sale to me last night was the XFractor auto from the same seller that went for $56 dlvd. Certainly makes the blue for $66 dlvd look pretty good.

He's a top notch prospect and all reports I've read basically say the same thing--he's back to form and ready or very close to being ready for the Majors. I think his cards are going to make a big jump in the near future. I also see him as a guy who will be at least in the top 25 for BA, maybe even better.
I very much hope so, for I won the Xfractor last night. Hopefully his prices will continue to rise. A good ST will help boost his prices. All the reports I've read are that he is back and equally as good or even better then before he was injured.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
Why would he be a bad investment? A future #1 starter, cheap chrome autos, if you bought the last few months (they were $12-$15 each) and plenty of opportunity to make the rotation. Not sure what there is not to like.

Pretty glad I snagged a couple more base autos and a ref auto yesterday off of Beckett marketplace.

skrip

So you are the one :lol: :lol:

I got the 'ole "we no longer have these in stock" message-or whatever the message says. I was like "crap!", thought I had a few steals, lol.

Nicely played skrip.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sdsportsfan1214 said:
hail2thevictors said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

product_life_cycle_2.png

Id rather invest in a pitcher who has showed dominance at the mlb level. Parkers prices are ridiculously high for a guy whose had some minor league success, exactly why pitchers arent usually the best investments because you'll see guys who dominate the minors and cant produce the same output at the major league level. Parker plays on the Dbacks too so that isnt going to help anything much like the Padres market. Parker cards outsell Latos which is laughable to me.
But i completely understand the investment point of view of selling and making money once he debuts and does well if that happens

I totally see what you are saying, and I agree. As I mentioned, for Jon Lester to be where he is, price wise, is a complete joke. I don't follow Latos prices, but that wouldn't surprise me if they are relatively low.

I like Parker, and think he will be a fine major leaguer-but Latos looks pretty good. It's crazy how prospecting is sometimes.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
hail2thevictors said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

So you are the one :lol: :lol:

I got the 'ole "we no longer have these in stock" message-or whatever the message says. I was like "crap!", thought I had a few steals, lol.

Nicely played skrip.

HA, thanks. I have bought 5-6 of his autos on bekcett over the last few weeks. Only place I could find any sort of quantity.

Sorry I emptied them out bud ;)

skrip

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
So is $50 a good buy for a gold refractor auto a good price? No scratches i'm thinking it would come back a 9 from PSA and it's 50/50 all around centering

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
bighurtcollector said:
So is $50 a good buy for a gold refractor auto a good price? No scratches i'm thinking it would come back a 9 from PSA and it's 50/50 all around centering

No, seems a little high...

. ::facepalm::

Members online