Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well Hell, wheres that card geek slab-head TBP been lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great question. my absence for the last week has been due to a Road Trip that my Father surprised me with for xmas.

He wanted to go on a Road Trip to Florida (we're in NY), just the two of us, taking a drive down there, no pace to set, no restrictions on what we "had" to see. My Grandmother (His Mother) lives in Dunedin, and he hadnt seen her in a few years (me longer then that), so it sounded like a good game plan.

We headed out last Thursday.
Saw this at one of the rest areas, palm trees! lol so i had to take a pic:
RoadTrip2011_01.jpg

We got to my Grandmothers around 10pm on Friday evening after a very stress-free, relaxing trip down there.

The next morning we went for a walk and i snapped a few pics...
RoadTrip2011_02.jpg

These were taken just a few blocks from my Grandmothers house:
RoadTrip2011_04.jpg
RoadTrip2011_05.jpg
RoadTrip2011_06.jpg
(reppin' the classic tee-shirt!)
RoadTrip2011_07.jpg

did a lot of walking (thats a good thing!) and took pics from time to time.

This Orange Tree was on someones front lawn
RoadTrip2011_08.jpg

HAD to do the geeky thing and have my pic taken with a Palm Tree lol
RoadTrip2011_10.jpg

Someone had a yard sale that did not go so well, and had this sign laying on the ground next to some stuff that was out by the curb unattended, and we thought it would be a great Dylan tribute lol
RoadTrip2011_11.jpg

after a few days, it was time to head to Atlanta to see my Uncle, on the morning we were set to leave, the Florida Rains hit:
RoadTrip2011_13.jpg

that didnt stop us, and we made our way to Atlanta. Although no pics were taken, a great time was had by all.
My uncle is only about 6 years older then i am, and we have a lot more in common then i thought we did. i was glad to get to sit and chat with him, as ive not seen him much during my life.

Since we were in Atlanta for a day and a half or so, i decided to meet up with Gilmore at a card shop, so i could see a local shop, and grab lunch with our leader :) it was a great time, and i got to meet FCBer "Erich" as well, also a nice guy and was glad to meet him.

That night (Tuesday), i also got to meet my long lost FCB Brother, Leatherman. David and i have known each other on line for a very long time, and have had many conversations about cards, life and everything in between.
it was really nice to be able to get to meet him and sit down and have a face to face chat. i cannot thank him enough for being able to carve out some time for me on such short notice (less then a day). David is a great human being and i am proud to call him my friend. He even gave me a box of '88 Fleer to take home so i could feed my 80's wax habit (and to pull a Jefferies Rookie! :)

on the way home, i had to snap this water tower pic, as id never seen anything like it before
RoadTrip2011_14.jpg

i had such a great time on the road trip. i learned a lot about my family, shared a lot of stories, heard a lot as well.

Thank You for taking the time to read my thread.

-Eric
aka TBP

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Funny. 1) I live about 25 minutes from Dunedin.

2) While I despise the Jays, I was actually in their stadium's executive offices yesterday, 1/19, meeting with them in regard to sponsorship of my little league and potentially representing the team for liability issues.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I haven't been to Dunedien since 93, Remember walking from a jays game to a phillies game one day. Love how so much baseball is that close together, Spring training is a great time because of it

Glad you had a great time E, Was curious what happened to you. figured you went to rehab to quit being a Mets fan, We all can hope that issue gets solved for you.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Marro said:
I haven't been to Dunedien since 93, Remember walking from a jays game to a phillies game one day. Love how so much baseball is that close together, Spring training is a great time because of it

Glad you had a great time E, Was curious what happened to you. figured you went to rehab to quit being a Mets fan, We all can hope that issue gets solved for you.

That was a hell of a walk. Even further now that the Phils stadium has moved...

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Jeff N. said:
Marro said:

That was a hell of a walk. Even further now that the Phils stadium has moved...

At the time of the trip, I would ride a stationary bike 20 miles before school and take a 5 mile run after school. The walk was really nothing for me, Everyone else was athletic with me. I only felt bad for my friend chuck who was a offensive linemen. He was one of Jeff Garcia's linemen at San Jose state, They still are friends and attended his wedding at I sat at the same table as him and the smoking hot broad who is his wife. When he played for the Eagles, Got a few sideline passes.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Eric
Welcome back and glad you got to go see some family. And get out of NY for awhile too.
I hope you can make it back here to Chicago for the National this summer. But if not I know it will be because of work.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Welcome Back E!

I have a welcome back gift for you. Where do you want me to ship the case of 2010 Upper Deck? :D

Glad to hear you had a great time with family!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Thanks for sharing the good time you had with your biological and internet families! Were those rest area palm trees in SC?
Speaking of which,who do you like more? :DI think I like you guys more because I don't have to feed any of you bastards :lol:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
LOL!

thanks fellas for your kind words.

yes, those were palm trees in SC

and i talk more to you guys then my family, whats that mean? LOL

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I am glad I was able to meet you and your father. I like the picture of the peach, South Carolina right? The little **** hole is kind of disturbing.

Members online