Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The $1500 card's BGS case I shipped was damaged...what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Some of you read about me selling my 2007 BDP Mike Moustakas Red refractor BGS 10 last week for $1500 on eBay. I had a concern because I was shipping to Puerto Rico and had never done so before. Everyone said I should be fine since it is still through the USPS. I got the card fully insured, sent it express mail, had signature confirmation, and got word from the buyer that he received it today.

His grammar was not very good, but basically he said the case was damaged and he was sending to BGS to re-case it. Once he gets it back from them, he said he would leave me feedback. I have emailed him back asking what type of damage the case had. It was not damaged when I sent it, of course. My main concern is that there is no card damage. I assume it is okay and probably just a cosmetic deal with the case.

All that being said, is there anything I should be worried about? In the back of my head, I have been prepared for a possible chargeback through Paypal, whether legit or not, due to the value of the card. At least I do have an email through eBay from the buyer acknowledging he received the card so he can't say that it didn't arrive or I was trying to scam him.

Since I covered all of my bases, I should be safe and covered no matter what in the event something happens, correct?

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Almost sounds like he found a scratch on the case he didn't like. I've seen some people get upset over a scratch. My guess is that he'd have let you know if there was a problem with the card.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I am betting scratch on the case. Some people view a scratched case like you just pooped in their mouths.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Haha...now that's funny. Using my picture and it's on its way to BGS according to him.

If he can get more for it, then great for him. I bought it for $750 and got no offers when I listed it for $1999.99 BIN/BO. When I bought it, an ungraded sold for $310 or so I believe. Anyway, I'm pleased to have made as much profit on it as I did. Could have held it until he was called up, but if someone will give me guaranteed money like this, I'm happy with it.

bradical said:

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Just noticed and ungraded Mous is at $499 with a reserve price that hasn't been met yet.

Also, I would think the seller should have waited a little while for my auction of my selling it to him to clear from completed auctions. Everyone will know what he paid for it. Then again maybe someone doesn't care and wants to spend a ton on it.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I'm sick at home with a 101 fever today and didn't remember that chip being on there. Basically once I bought it, I put it away safely and never thought about the case.

Makes sense now because I apparently sent it that way. Had I paid attention to my own picture, I would have known what he was talking about...man, I'm really to be well again.

cgilmo said:
that scan clearly shows a busted slab corner

This is why i like those card case pro slab holders

if it were just a case, then why would people file chargebacks for damages to it?

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Erich said:
Puerto Rico has nothing to do with it. Shipping to Puerto Rico is like shipping to Phoenix.

Yeah, the board was quick to help me out in that area. I had never shipped there before and really didn't know. The main reason I mentioned it here was so people could reference the old thread.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
tommyfro21 said:
Erich said:
Puerto Rico has nothing to do with it. Shipping to Puerto Rico is like shipping to Phoenix.

Yeah, the board was quick to help me out in that area. I had never shipped there before and really didn't know. The main reason I mentioned it here was so people could reference the old thread.
Gotcha

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I know that a PSA card that I sent via Paypal USPS insured cracked in the half. The buyer sent me pictures of the damage, and I submitted an USPS claim. I literally got a check within a week. Crazy!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
cgilmo said:
that scan clearly shows a busted slab corner

This is why i like those card case pro slab holders

Bingo. The Manning Super Rave I bought has a busted edge on the slab. Where that becomes an issue with me is the fact that it is an old slab. If/When I reslab will it have the same serial number?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
cgilmo said:
alexs64 said:
Erich said:

So are you saying the Phoenix is a lot like Puerto Rico? We don't even have a beach here man!!! :D :D :D

that's obviously not true, I bought some ocean front property there years ago. I'm gonna go check it out some day.

OK OK, We don't have a beach here man......YET!!! LOL

EDIT: By the way, of the millions of people who have said that, how many do you think actually think about what they are sayin? I mean really think about it..... there have been millions of people that have said that CA was going to one day drop off the map. Do you think that the people who bought some kind of property here in AZ ever thought about the fact that if it does....

ALL OF THAT SHAT IN CALIFORNIA IS GOING TO BE WASHING UP ON YOUR BEACH FRONT PROPERTY? Pretty gross when you think about it.

Nassssssy if you ask me!!

Members online

Latest posts