Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospect Math! Dump Strasburg? Need Your Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Ok, snowed in today and unable to get to the office so I spent the day in my card room cleaning and organizing and preparing stuff to list this weekend. :D Got to thinking though, it seems as if Topps is really overdoing it on Strasburg...are we going to see an overproduction and eventual price crash on his stuff? Being an engineering major I figured this obviously called for spreadsheets and math!

First I wanted to know how many Strasburg autos have been printed thus far - started at beckett and got a list of all autographed Strasburg cards. This includes Tristar, 08 Sweet Spot, dual autos and even press plates. Comprehensively, there are 5961 "known" cards printed based on documented print runs (serially numbered cards). This does not yet include the autographs from the following:

2010 Bowman Chrome Base Auto
2010 Bowman Draft Base Auto
2010 Bowman Base Auto
2010 T206 Framed
2010 Allen & Ginter Framed
2010 Topps Chrome Base Autos

This is where I need help...based on known pack odds and past print runs, can anyone help get approximate runs of these autographs?

My goal is to compare this number of currently released autographs to other hyped prospects such as Heyward or Posey. I have spreadsheets prepared with the sum of their known autographs as well, just need some help on the runs Topps will not release. In the meantime I'm going to try to make my best guesses on these print runs as well based on wrappers I have laying around here still...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Being an English major, the time to sell Strasburg was 5 months ago. Back in the summer, everyone saw on the sell sheets that he was going to have an autograph in nearly every product, and he was at the center of the perfect storm of hobby hype, on-field performance, a relative dearth of new product on the market, and mainstream media coverage. His cards have nowhere to go but down for the next year or so.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
2010 Bowman Draft Base Auto
2010 Bowman Base Auto
2010 T206 Framed
2010 Allen & Ginter Framed

pretty sure topps announced print runs on these

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
smapdi said:
Being an English major, the time to sell Strasburg was 5 months ago. Back in the summer, everyone saw on the sell sheets that he was going to have an autograph in nearly every product, and he was at the center of the perfect storm of hobby hype, on-field performance, a relative dearth of new product on the market, and mainstream media coverage. His cards have nowhere to go but down for the next year or so.

Every hyped prospect has an autograph in nearly every product, that's not the point of this thread. I want to compare the total Strasburg autographs to those of other big name "hyped" prospects. And if you are only looking at the next "year or so" then again you are missing the point. Doesn't take an English major to know once Stras begins throwing again the prices will shoot up, even if just for a while. Look at the box breaks, people are still thrilled to pull his autographs.

Anyways I cannot find any print run info for Allen and Ginter after quite a bit of google and blog searching. I know there was a thread on here where the Bowman Chrome print runs were broken down...I'd check the back of the wrapper and do the math myself but I sent all those in for redemptions...

Members online

Latest posts