Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow. One of the coolest cards I have ever seen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
how sad is it that Topps has manufactured so many things in 2010 that I have a question if that card is a real or fake name plate?

I'm guessing real since I don't see "manufactued" printed on the card, but you still have to pay attention!

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
rsmath said:
how sad is it that Topps has manufactured so many things in 2010 that I have a question if that card is a real or fake name plate?

I'm guessing real since I don't see "manufactued" printed on the card, but you still have to pay attention!

Looks like they had to realign the letters so they could fit it on the card. Makes it look manufactured, but also believe it's the real deal. Or whatever Topps considers a "relic" these days.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
This was brought up with the Chipper card in the set, but nowhere on the card does it say "game used." It doesn't say "manufactured patch" either, so we just assume that it is a legitimate GU piece.

That would look sooooooo nice autographed. Whoever wins it should DEFINITELY get an IP auto on there.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
Gorgeous card... but it is sad we all have to wonder if it's 'really' a GU piece. Was thinking the same thing when I looked at it - doesn't say one way or the other have to be suspicious. I guess the ultimate question is 'Does it matter?' (Inception)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
So does anyone know if this is really game used material or is just off a store bought jersey?

Im guessing it is not Game Used because nowhere on the card does it say game used. You would think if it was really game used it would with a doubt say it on the card.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
@Harry, I'm on it but I'm not going to get shilled on it. I have my price and if it goes above that, so be it.

@Mud....I see Chase about six times a year at this point, his wife about 20. If I win it, it will be IP'd :p

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Lancemountain said:
@Harry, I'm on it but I'm not going to get shilled on it. I have my price and if it goes above that, so be it.

@Mud....I see Chase about six times a year at this point, his wife about 20. If I win it, it will be IP'd :p

Best card ever, hands down.

comicbookguy.gif

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
G $MONEY$ said:
So does anyone know if this is really game used material or is just off a store bought jersey?

Im guessing it is not Game Used because nowhere on the card does it say game used. You would think if it was really game used it would with a doubt say it on the card.

The card number is CRB which I believe stand for "Cabinet Relic Boxloader". So it depends on Topps' definition of "relic". With some of the shady stuff Topps has pulled off, it really can be anything.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
mudflap02 said:
Lancemountain said:

Best card ever, hands down.

comicbookguy.gif
The Longo is in the greatest longo collection and it doesn't say game used on it either. He said Topps told him it was used, but imo that kills the value, it should have said GU if it was.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Lancemountain said:

Do you ever have a catch with Chase? Would you say your relationship with him is a real home run?

[youtube:22rosy3t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZHf4WqCS8[/youtube:22rosy3t]

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They need to make more cards like this. For Ed Ott, Nellie Fox, Mike Olt, Carl Ray, Chris Ray, Farmer Ray, Irv Ray, Jim Ray, Johnny Ray, Ken Ray, Larry Ray, Robert Ray, Bill Day, Boots Day, Clyde Day, Dewon Day, Leon Day, Zach Day, Buckshot May, Carlos May, Darrell May, Dave May, Derrick May, Jakie May, Jerry May, Lee May, Mily May, Pinky May, Rudy May, Scott May, and Hank Arft. They could do double or triple-folders for Jarrod Saltalamacchia, John Van Benschoten, Jason Isringhausen, and William Van Landingham.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Lancemountain said:

Does Chase know you are seeing his wife 20x a year? :lol:

I kid, I kid ;)

Members online