Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vladimir Guerrero Close to Signing with Orioles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Per Jim Bowden, Vladimir Guerrero is close to signing a one-year deal with the Baltimore Orioles. While the amount was not stated, it is quoted by Bowden as being a "humbling" contract. The Orioles Opening Day lineup as of tomorrow could be:

1.) Brian Roberts, 2B
2.) Nick Markakis, RF
3.) Derek Lee, 1B
4.) Vladimir Guerrero, DH
5.) Mark Reynolds, 3B
6.) Luke Scott, LF
7.) Adam Jones, CF
8.) Matt Wieters, C
9.) J.J. Hardy, SS

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I was hoping he would go to one of my teams, Braves or Rangers. I like Vladdy, I think he still has alot left in the tank.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
bigpapiMA32 said:
Liberate Baltimore said:
I think the Orioles seriously could go .500 this year.

Maybe if they were in any other division in baseball.

Shame...
::facepalm:: Shame.... Division has nothing to do with whether they can reach .500 or not.

Being in 1st or 3rd/4th at .500 is a different story.

I'd love to see Vladdy in Orange & Black!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Liberate Baltimore said:
Per Jim Bowden, Vladimir Guerrero is close to signing a one-year deal with the Baltimore Orioles. While the amount was not stated, it is quoted by Bowden as being a "humbling" contract. The Orioles Opening Day lineup as of tomorrow could be:

1.) Brian Roberts, 2B
2.) Nick Markakis, RF
3.) Derek Lee, 1B
4.) Vladimir Guerrero, DH
5.) Mark Reynolds, 3B
6.) Luke Scott, LF
7.) Adam Jones, CF
8.) Matt Wieters, C
9.) J.J. Hardy, SS

i stated this on MLBtraderumors....lee, vladdy, and mark reynolds are not going to hit back-to-back-to-back. no MLB manager would do that. Maybe against Lester, Price, Sabathia...

Their lineup would look more like this - and it all depends on how mark reynolds and matt wieters are hitting:

Roberts
Markakis
Lee
Vlad
Scott
Jones
Wieters/Reynolds
Reynolds/Wieters
Hardy

Either way, it's a nice dilemma to finally have.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm glad to see the Orioles starting to have something that looks like a decent line up again. Though not an Orioles fan, I know the fans there have suffered through some tough years with the ownership they have.
DANNY

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Russ S. said:
bigpapiMA32 said:
[quote="Liberate Baltimore":180ifuxe]I think the Orioles seriously could go .500 this year.

Maybe if they were in any other division in baseball.

Shame...
::facepalm:: Shame.... Division has nothing to do with whether they can reach .500 or not.

Being in 1st or 3rd/4th at .500 is a different story.

I'd love to see Vladdy in Orange & Black![/quote:180ifuxe]

Say what? You don't think playing Texas, Seattle, Oakland and LAA 18 times a year would improve your chances of getting to .500? Playing the Yankees, Sox, Rays, Jays that many times a year isn't exactly a recipe for 0.500, especially if you think that the Orioles will finish a couple games above or below the mark.

Members online

Latest posts