Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where is the best site to sell inserts and singles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have literally thousands of inserts from all sports I want to sell. These are cards left over from when I had a card store and have been stored away since I closed the store in 2003.

Since I have thousands I am looking for a site that will help me sell them fairly easily. I know Sportslots is easy to upload but it seems unless you sell alot of cards they kill you on the costs. Any ideas for other sites of is Sportslots the best one.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
COMC, let them do all of the uploading and mailing for you. :)

I know its a longshot, but if you had any Michael Cuddyer's I would be more than willing to take those off of your hands.

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
For my Cruz needs, I usually go to CheckOutMyCards.com first. I love how they have scans of the front and backs of the cards and they have always been lightning fast with shipping every time I've ordered from them.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
mchenrycards said:
I have literally thousands of inserts from all sports I want to sell. These are cards left over from when I had a card store and have been stored away since I closed the store in 2003.

Since I have thousands I am looking for a site that will help me sell them fairly easily. I know Sportslots is easy to upload but it seems unless you sell alot of cards they kill you on the costs. Any ideas for other sites of is Sportslots the best one.

Would love to see your list of Mark McGwire cards

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
Yeah... I would make them available here first... nudge... nudge...

Seriously, there are a ton of player collectors (including me) who would love to take some off your hands I'm sure.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
mchenrycards said:

For the **** I sell on Sportlots it is worth every bit of the fees.Stuff from 96-04 is selling very well for me right now as is vintage.Where is will you get $.18 for a 1988 Topps card.I sell at least one a week.
Mike

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Depending whatcha got, and if you will ship securely

I might be interested in buying in bulk

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
sportlots and comc are both very viable options, but I think comc will cost you more since they scan, store, ship for you.

As a collector, both are great, but sportlots is much cheaper for commons/cheap inserts.

mchenrycards

Hey everyone thanks for the replies.

For a little background I had my shop from 1992 to 2003 so I know I have tons of inserts as well as regular issue cards. I literally have a million cards in monster boxes in my garage I am going through and the key word is going through. What I want to do is compile a list of player collectors and what they collect so I can just email or message each collector with what I have when I come across some stuff for them. This is going to be a long term project as the cards are not sorted or anything so I have to literally go through each box and pull out the inserts etc. I am going to start a spreadsheet of what everyone collects and just contact the members when I come across some stuff for the players they collect. HAving this spreadsheet handy when I am sorting cards will be easier instead of going by memory. So if you are a player collector let me know who you collect and if you need regular issue or inserts and I will do my best to accommodate you. I am not looking to get rich as I have had these cards and am getting sick of looking at them! Hopefully I can make some members happy!

I have mentioned this before but now I have some time to do this and will take care of the player collectors here 1st before anything goes to Ebay or anywhere else. As I mentioned this will be a long term project to go through the million or so cards so please be patient with me.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I have purchased from sportsbuy in the past, but many sellers there are dellusional and I think it scares away buyers.

The site is also prohibitively slow and non-user friendly.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
mchenrycards said:

For a little background I had my shop from 1992 to 2003 so I know I have tons of inserts as well as regular issue cards. I literally have a million cards in monster boxes in my garage I am going through and the key word is going through. What I want to do is compile a list of player collectors and what they collect so I can just email or message each collector with what I have when I come across some stuff for them. This is going to be a long term project as the cards are not sorted or anything so I have to literally go through each box and pull out the inserts etc. I am going to start a spreadsheet of what everyone collects and just contact the members when I come across some stuff for the players they collect. HAving this spreadsheet handy when I am sorting cards will be easier instead of going by memory. So if you are a player collector let me know who you collect and if you need regular issue or inserts and I will do my best to accommodate you. I am not looking to get rich as I have had these cards and am getting sick of looking at them! Hopefully I can make some members happy!

I have mentioned this before but now I have some time to do this and will take care of the player collectors here 1st before anything goes to Ebay or anywhere else. As I mentioned this will be a long term project to go through the million or so cards so please be patient with me.

If your close to Indiana, I enjoy sorting!

mchenrycards

darrend505 said:
mchenrycards said:

LOL is Illinois close enough?? I live literally on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois. Living where I do makes tomorrow a real interesting day. I am a Bears fan and my wife is a Packers fan. Someone will not be happy tomorrow in my house!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
mchenrycards said:
darrend505 said:
mchenrycards said:

LOL is Illinois close enough?? I live literally on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois. Living where I do makes tomorrow a real interesting day. I am a Bears fan and my wife is a Packers fan. Someone will not be happy tomorrow in my house!
we used to live in McHenry county, but are now out near Rockford. many in my wife's family are Packer's fans, but they aren't invited tomorrow. :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Plus, if you post them here, you're likely to get a lot of "gift" PayPal payments, which saves you the fees they normally take out. With that many possible sales, it'd be a pretty significant amount.

Good luck!

mchenrycards

gt2590 said:
Plus, if you post them here, you're likely to get a lot of "gift" PayPal payments, which saves you the fees they normally take out. With that many possible sales, it'd be a pretty significant amount.

Good luck!

Well to be honest I wouldnt be looking to make much on these cards. Moving them on FCB would make it much easier because I hate listing on Ebay. I might actually start some spreadsheets of the inserts I have and post them on a blog here. That way I can update the spreadsheets as I uncover more cards and you guys can all see what I have. THat might be easier than listing them on a site and praying someone will buy my stuff!

Thanks for all the PM's by the way. I will respond to everyone when I get the chance.

Members online