Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carson Palmer out in Cincy???..Give you opinions!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
As a person who grew up 24 miles east of downtown Cincinnati, this has to be one of the many worse days of being a Bengals fan. We have been burned by 2 Super Bowl wins, from a guy named Montana, to the horrible coaches of Dave Shula, and Bruce Coslet, the horrible draft picks of Ki-Jana Carter, Dan Wilkinson, and who the he$$ can forget the Akili Smith fiasco?...Oh yeah, not to be outdone with the great choice of David Klingler?

Then we see the promise of 2005 when we made the playoffs, only to see our dreams of another Super Bowl dashed with Palmer getting hurt, then the show of promise with a division title last year, only to see us lose 3 of our last 4 regular season games, then lose to the Jets in the playoffs.

Then comes 2010, the addition of T.O (Who by the way was the only bright spot this year), the Super Bowl talk, based on what we looked like on paper, only to self-destruct at least 6 games we led, only to throw those games away. Then for sure, we all thought Marvin was heading out, only to stay, and try to get us back to where we were a year ago, which was a RUN FIRST, THROW SECOND team.

Now, with Ocho, and T.O probably gone, Joseph,and Benson free-agents, NOW THIS......WHAT THE HE** IS GOING ON IN BENGAL NATION????....When is Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and the rest of this dang orginaztion going to get, that we NEED stability??...

Do you all think that Cincy would actually trade Palmer, or he will follow through with this retirement crap?...IF it does go down, would you guys think that we would pass on A.J. Green, in order to take a GAMBLE on Cam Newton??...

It is just a shame, that a team who really showed such promise, is heading back to the losing ways, that we TRUE Bengal fans, have been acustommed to. We have tons of talent on that team, but when your star QB wants out of town, what the heck are we to do??...The 1 time, we actually have a franchise QB, the bottom drops out AGAIN.. :oops:

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
I too have direct ties to Cincinnati although I don't live there anymore. I hope the bengals tell Palmer to go screw himself, that he WILL NOT be traded.

The bengals needed to transition away from him anyway, but they way this all is going down it may cause another decade of Bengals in last place. Had he played out his contract while they developped a young guy... they'd be in much better shape. This is reminding me of Packers Brett Farve (only difference is that the Bengals don't have Aaron Rodgers on their bench)

This offseason they will lose/trade Chad OchoCinco, Terrel Owens, one of their starting DBs, likely Carson Palmer, and if all that happens, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Cedric Benson getting out since he can.

I have no pity for guys that refuse to play a contract they signed. Getting a 3rd rounder for Palmer or even if they grabbed a second which seems unlikely, wouldn't even begin to fix the problems they will have thanks to this mess. Too many holes when you have players unwilling to play out their contracts.

This contract hold out crap is something I hope gets dealt with during the lockout.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Funny thing is he had his best game when they played without the diva WRs. I say blow them out, spend that $$$ on the Defense, which isn't as bad as some think and see how that works for a year.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
I do think that the defense is better than what people give them credit for, and to our defense, we did have TONS of injuries on that side of the ball. I think one thing that hurt Cincy's offense, was losing Chris Henry. Whether or not, you loved him, or hated him, as opposing defenses, that guy stretched the field, and you had to play their offense straight up. Plus it did seem that Palmer's arm was hurt. Now while I am NO dr, I did see a change in the way Carson was playing...

With that being said, maybe it is time to say...You know what Carson?..We CAN do it WITHOUT you, Ocho...( I AM in favor of bringing back T.O.)...But, I don't think at the same time, we can afford to get "set back" 2, 3, 4, or 5 years, in spending a #4 overall pick on a QB, like a Newton, or Gabbert( which personally I think Newton is better),...

So here are really 2 options....

Option #1. Let Carson b**** about "wanting out", get back to RUNNING the ball, instead of passing, cause RUNNING is why we SWEPT the division last year, and see what happens...OR....

Option #2...WASTE the #4 OVERALL pick on a QB, and let it turn into Akili Smith, or David Klingler all over again....and waste what TRUE talent we do have, and go back to 2-14. or 3-13, or 4-12 yr after yr all over again...

But Mike Brown, is alot like Al Davis...."MY WAY, OR THE HIGHWAY".....and that is EXACTLY why the franchises are where they are, and as the old saying goes...."The more things change, the more they stay the same"

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
With #4 the Bengals should be focused on AJ Green if he's available.

If he can live up to his billing, he's the next Larry Fitzgerald / Calvin Johnson, having a guy like that can make any young QBs job easy. Apparently the rumors are that the Bengals are looking at getting Gabbert at #4 overall.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
God, I hope not...Another 1 year wonder...a la Akili Smith....A.J Green is a beast, and would make fans forget Ocho...Hoep they for once make a GOOD draft choice... ::facepalm::

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Out of curiosity, if the Bengals had a better draft track record, would this even be an issue? I mean Palmer hasn't been the same since his catastrophic knee injury and, despite his complaints about the organizations inconsistency, he's been pretty inconsistent himself. Why not look for better options? This is coming from a total Cincy outside btw, so I'm sure you guys know more about this story than I do.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
I would say that given their track record in drafting, Palmer was a good choice, however, since the knee injury, and the elbow your right he hasn't benn the same. With that being said, when you still have 4 yrs and over $60 million left on your contract, it's time to 'put up, or shut up", with your play, especially when you are 1 year removed from a afc division title, in which you SWEPT your division.

It gets very frustrating as a lifelong Bengal fan, and die-hard "Who-Dey" fan, that every dang time, this team seems to be on the "right" path, it seems as those we have this "Trade me, or I am out" BS....If you don't want to be on your time, then don't sign extensions. Shame, is on THIS team, there IS talent...

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
My choice would be:
Draft AJ Green or DaQuan Bowers/best defensive player available that is not a DB at 4.
Draft best QB available or trade up with next year's picks for one in the middle first. I personally like Ryan Mallett, or see how a guy like Locker does and hope to get him early 2.
3rd round - best RB on the board. There is always a good one and I posted earlier in the year about how Benson's production was down. I do not want Leonard or Scott to be the number 1 guy. Get the best one available.

Offseason move(s):
Dump Jerome Simpson. I am sick of him and couldn't give a **** if he had a pulse finally those last 2 meaningless games.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
I think the pick at #4 will be either Green, or Bowers...I don't think you can put together a package in the middle 1st to get a Mallett, or maybe even a Locker...What about a guy like Ponder out of FSU, or Dalton from TCU, or that Devlin kid from Delaware?...Talk is Devlin is another Flacco, what do you think?...

I don't think you can get a 2nd rd pk fro Palmer, a 3rd, I would say, but don't think a team would give up a #1, or #2 for him, unless he goes and gets traded the Seattle Trojans,lol...Another one of Pete Carroll's "boys"....After all there is NO guarantee that Hasselbeck will get re-signed, maybe we could trade Palmer for Seattle, for a pass rusher, and maybe a 2nd, or 3rd pick?...What do you think?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
kobe24/8 said:
I think the pick at #4 will be either Green, or Bowers...I don't think you can put together a package in the middle 1st to get a Mallett, or maybe even a Locker...What about a guy like Ponder out of FSU, or Dalton from TCU, or that Devlin kid from Delaware?...Talk is Devlin is another Flacco, what do you think?...

I don't think you can get a 2nd rd pk fro Palmer, a 3rd, I would say, but don't think a team would give up a #1, or #2 for him, unless he goes and gets traded the Seattle Trojans,lol...Another one of Pete Carroll's "boys"....After all there is NO guarantee that Hasselbeck will get re-signed, maybe we could trade Palmer for Seattle, for a pass rusher, and maybe a 2nd, or 3rd pick?...What do you think?

Personally, I would make him play out his contract. With the money sunk into him a 3rd isn't worth it. I would attack the guaranteed money and get back all that I could. The only trade I would consider is in a package to move up and get the QB you want.

As far as QBs:
Mallett - I am a big fan. You need a line to protect him, but the guy can do it all with the arm.
Locker - a good alternative. His legs are a nice weapon and he is a good athlete. His record at UW is some concern, though his supporting cast was bad
Ponder - no thanks. Has injury issues and his arm injuries concern me. He is a smart player though, but only a backup IMO.
Devlin - haven't seen enough of him. I, personally, am not a big fan of D-1 AA guys long term
Dalton - this is a guy I want to see more of. He is a smart QB and can make some throws. McShay did an interesting breakdown before the season and his completion percentage to the numbers and sideline are horrible. But, the kid is a leader.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
CINCINNATI -- Bengals owner Mike Brown says he won't trade quarterback Carson Palmer.

Brown said on Monday that Palmer met with him a little more than a week ago and asked to be traded. Brown told Palmer that he wouldn't consider it because the quarterback is central to the team's plans. He plans to talk to Palmer again to try to smooth over their differences.

NFC North blog
ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"He's good people," Brown said, according to the team's website. "He made no demands. He is the way he is. He didn't finger anyone or anything."

Several sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that Palmer will contemplate retirement if the Bengals do not trade him.

Sources familiar with Palmer's plan and mindset told Mortensen that the quarterback is financially secure for the rest of his life and willing to follow through and retire.

Brown made the comments in an interview with The Cincinnati Enquirer and the team's website in Mobile, Ala., where the Bengals are coaching players for the Senior Bowl.

The Bengals have made no significant changes coming off a 4-12 season. Coach Marvin Lewis returned even though Brown said the front office didn't need to change. The Bengals have only two winning records in the last 20 years.

You mean to tell me Mike Brown is ACTUALLY listening?...To quote Rob Schnider off of Necessary Roughness "HOLY COLUMBUS, OHIO", or in this case....CINCINNATI, OHIO... :lol:

Neutron

Jan 16, 2011
MA
For the past 3 years the off-season has been filled with hopes of Palmer coming back strong and he hasnt come thru. Although I'm not a Bengals fan, for the team and fans sake his time should end.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Neutron said:
For the past 3 years the off-season has been filled with hopes of Palmer coming back strong and he hasnt come thru. Although I'm not a Bengals fan, for the team and fans sake his time should end.

While I agree with you, I don't think it's ever a good idea to go the route Carolina/Arizona did... Of course both tried to avoid it, they rode their QBs into the ground and didn't have a QB that was ready to take the helm in 2010.

If Cincy lost Palmer now they would have nothing to start unless they 1) sign a free agent (might as well keep Palmer at that point he already knows the playbook) 2) Draft a rookie, throw him into the fire and pray.

Ideally Carson would play, you draft AJ Green with your first and a QB in the 2nd or 3rd that may develop.

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
I agree I guess. We can't let Carson go, he is just frustrated i think by the fact they HAVE talent, and can NEVER put it together, for some reason. Maybe it's the "Welcome to the Jungle" curse? ::facepalm::

kobe24/8

Jan 10, 2011
Buckeye Nation
Would anyone think that Cincinnati could, and i say COULD go after Vince Young??....Since Mike Brown wont trade him, and lets say Carson DOES retire, and thats a BIG "IF", could anyone see Vince reviving his career in Cincy, a la T.O.??

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
They'd probably be better suited to get in play for Kevin Kolb than go after Vince.

Looks like the Bengals offseason game plan though is to go into a holding pattern until they see what shakes out of the lockout.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Based on recent history the Bengals will trade Carson and let his brother or someone else ridiculously bad be the QB.

If I was them, I hope Luck stays at Stanford, punt the 2011 season and draft him #1 next year.

I am not sure Brown is that smart though and will most likely do something nobody expects or wants and try to claim he is a genious.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
kobe24/8 said:
CINCINNATI -- Bengals owner Mike Brown says he won't trade quarterback Carson Palmer.

Brown said on Monday that Palmer met with him a little more than a week ago and asked to be traded. Brown told Palmer that he wouldn't consider it because the quarterback is central to the team's plans. He plans to talk to Palmer again to try to smooth over their differences.
NFC North blog
ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.
• Blog network: NFL Nation
"He's good people," Brown said, according to the team's website. "He made no demands. He is the way he is. He didn't finger anyone or anything."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldnt be so quick to make that statement, he does cornehole...
http://t-wire.com/carson-palmers-cornhole-classic/

Members online

Latest posts