Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Herschel Walker Wants Back in the NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Not as a coach, as a player. At 48 years old.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early- ... might.html
Herschel Walker, a Heisman Trophy winner and Pro Bowl running back, is 48 years old now, but he doesn't seem to be entirely kidding when he says he'd like to give the NFL another go.

"I've told everyone that at 50 I might try football again to show people I can do that," Walker, now a heavyweight mixed martial arts competitor, said Monday during a conference call with reporters. "I want to be the George Foreman of football, come back and do that one more time."

Why not? He's serious about MMA and says he's never been in better shape.

"I'm a much better-conditioned athlete now than when I was playing football," Walker said. "I'm 48 and in better shape now than I was when I was in my early 20s, playing football."

He left the University of Georgia after his junior season and played for the USFL; after three years, signed with the Dallas Cowboys. The USFL option is out, so where might he like to play?

"The two teams I would come back to play for are Minnesota or Atlanta," Walker said. "It would probably be Atlanta because that's home for me. I'm a Georgia boy. That's just home."

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
The guy is in incredible shape. He definitely wouldnt be starter, but I think a team would give him a chance.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
jamuser304 said:
The guy is in incredible shape. He definitely wouldnt be starter, but I think a team would give him a chance.

He is in damn good shape, Could he handle a 3rd down back position?

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Walker back in the NFL would be amazing. Performance issues aside, it would be a great blast from the past. Ahh memories...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Herschel has always had some mental issues, and I certainly hope that someone other than himself is still looking out for his best interest.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Herschel has always had some mental issues, and I certainly hope that someone other than himself is still looking out for his best interest.

He has multiple personality disorder, but his workout personality is still working...

Herschel-Walker-MMA-Weigh-In.jpg

PetestillRose

Jan 6, 2011
He'd probably have more of an impact than at least half of the draftees who'll be at this year's rookie premiere. :?

Members online

Latest posts