Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated 11 Oct

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread

This one came in today.

Sent: 23 Jan 2011
Received: 26 Jan 2011

Lee Greenwood
LeeGreenwood8x10.jpg

Mr. Greenwood sang "God Bless the USA". E-mailed him through his website.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

I don't mean to throw a bunch of posts out, but I wanted to give more information. I'm Joe and Crystal is my wife. We've been meaning to start doing this for awhile now. The new year kicked off and we decided to hit the ground running.

We have sent out 85 TTM/e-mail requests so far this month. Only 2 back so far, but we're laying the groundwork for later this year. We figure that we'll probably start getting things rolling in the next month or two.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

Received another success today.

Received: 27 Jan 2011

Jack O'Callahan
JackOCallahan8x10.jpg

Jack O'Callahan was a member of the 1980 USA Men's Olympic Hockey Team that won the Gold Medal. The team is known as the "Miracle On Ice". He personalized it "To Joe & Crystal, Best Wishes" and he also inscribed it "USA 1980".

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated Jan 27

Most signers take an average of 1-2 months. So in a couple months your mailbox will be dripping with autos :shock:

Thanks for keeping us posted!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated Jan 27

Here's a couple of more. One's an e-mail succes, the other is one we purchased, but it's still cool.

Purchased: 21 Jan 2011
Received: 29 Jan 2011
Through http://www.famouschicken.com

Ted Giannoulas AKA The San Diego Chicken
SanDiegoChicken8x10.jpg

It cost a grand total of $3. Signed "To Joe & Crystal, Best Wishbones Always! The Chicken"

Sent: 22 Jan 2011
Received: 29 Jan 2011

Mike Eruzione
MikeEruzione4x6.jpg

Signed "To Joe & Crystal, All My Best" and under his signature "80 Gold". It's a 4x6, but it is freaking awesome!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated Jan 29

2 more successes today

Received: 31 Jan 2011

31112x12.jpg

Autographed 12x12 signed by all 5 members of the band. P-Nut (from Indianapolis), the face is SA, Tim Mahoney (signed Tim backwards :lol: ), Chad Sexton, and Nick Hexum. The 12x12 looks like it could be the album artwork for their new album coming out 2 June 2011 called "Uplifter". They also included an "Uplifter" poster and two 311 "Evolver" stickers.

Received: 31 Jan 2011

Sean Miller
SeanMiller8x10.jpg

Sean Miller coached for the Xavier Musketeers (I'm the muskiesfan afterall ;) ). He left after the 2009 season to coach at Arizona. He sent an autographed and personalized 8x10, "To Joe & Crystal, Go Cats!" and after his signature he put '11.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated Jan 31

2 more successes to share. 1 from yesterday and 1 from today.

Sent: 27 Jan 2011
Received: 4 Feb 2011

Ed Hochuli
EdHochuli5x7.jpg

Autographed and personalized 5x7. Mr. Hochuli is my favorite NFL referee (second would be #94 Mike Carey). He responded to my e-mail on 31 Jan 2011, saying that he appreciated us taking the time to write, that he would be more than happy to send us an autographed picture, and to enjoy the Super Bowl. He signed, "Joe & Crystal- All My Best-".

Sent: 28 Jan 2011
Received: 5 Feb 2011

Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger
DanielRudyRuettiger8x10.jpg

This one got bent in the mail. The envelope got dinged on the corner in transit and you can see how it affected the picture on the lower right. No big deal, still very happy to have it. My wife and I absolutely love the movie Rudy and it's very cool to have a picture and autograph from the real Rudy. He signed, "To Joe & Crystal". He also made a little smiley face in the "R" of Rudy.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated 5 Feb

Today's success

Received: 7 Feb 2011

Jay Leno
JayLeno8x10.jpg

Autographed and personalized 8x10. It's signed, "Yo Crystal and Joe!" and then under his signature he drew a little face. Very happy with this one, especially considering the mailman didn't ding it. :lol:

VintageGuyShaun

Jul 6, 2010
Schaumburg, IL
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated 7 Feb

You've been busy, Joe! So many nice pickups. I can't believe the 311 success! Keep up that good luck, brother. Hope all is well with you two. Drop me a line any time.

-Shaun

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

Shaun- What's up my brother?!?!?! Great to see you man. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.

Gonzaleznut- I write the e-mails the same way I would a TTM request. I put in why we are writing them, what we like about them, and if they would mind sending us a personalized autograph for our collection. Then we put our address at the end.

Broke the drought today. We received a very cool and unique autographed piece today.

Received: 12 Feb 2011

Michelin Star Chef Thomas Keller
ThomasKellerMenu.jpg

Thomas Keller is considered one of the Top 10 Chefs in the world. He has 3 Michelin Stars. He sent an autographed and personalized menu from his restaurant, The French Laundry. The menu is too big for the scanner, but I figured the autograph was the important part. ;) It says "Crystal and Joe, It's All About Finesse".

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas

muskiesfan said:
Gonzaleznut- I write the e-mails the same way I would a TTM request. I put in why we are writing them, what we like about them, and if they would mind sending us a personalized autograph for our collection. Then we put our address at the end.

Ok...So how do you get the email addresses? Do you look for Fan Club sites or their own personal sites that they run?

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

Gonzaleznut said:
muskiesfan said:

Ok...So how do you get the email addresses? Do you look for Fan Club sites or their own personal sites that they run?

Basically. I go to their sites and use the contact us link on the page. Some of them will have links to their management and I'll use those. I also use a website, fanmail.biz. It's free. They don't allow people to post e-mail addresses, but they'll generally tell you where to look to find the information.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated 12 Feb

After another 5 day slump, another success arrived today.

Sent: 27 Jan 2011
Received: 17 Feb 2011

Charlie Daniels
CharlieDaniels8x10.jpg

We're big fans of Charlie Daniels. Who doesn't love The Devil Went Down to Georgia? He signed, "To Joe and Crystal, God Bless". From the looks of it, I would say that he probably has a stack of pictures signed and that our names were added afterwards. Who cares though, it's sweet!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated 17 Feb

I have another success as well as an IP this time.

I met up with a fellow board member at a signing on Saturday, 19 Feb 2011. Met George McGinnis and got a couple of autographs.

GeorgeMcGinniscard.jpg
GeorgeMcGinnismagazine.jpg

Then another e-mail success
Sent: 19 Jan 2011
Received: 19 Feb 2011

Judge Judy
JudgeJudy8x10.jpg

My wife and I are fans of the judges on television, so its nice to have Judge Judy. She signed, "Crystal & Joe, My Best". Hoping that some of the other judges respond as well.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Re: muskiesfan's TTM/e-mail success thread; Updated 21 Feb

After a week, received 2 more successes today.

Received: 28 Feb 2011

Danny Bonaduce
DannyBonaduce8x10.jpg

My wife and I watch the show “World’s Dumbest” on TruTv. The show is hilarious. They have a bunch of celebrities who have had run ins with law commentating on video clips. I included that information in the e-mail and Mr. Bonaduce signed the picture, “To Joe & Crystal, Yes I am “The World’s Dumbest Guy”.

Sent: 9 Feb 2011
Received: 28 Feb 2011

Doris Day
DorisDay8x10.jpg

Doris Day is one of the greatest actresses ever. She was the box office’s top ranking actress of all-time. She’s won a Golden Globe, a Grammy, and was nominated for an Oscar. She signed, “For Joe & Crystal, With Love” and she also signed for her dog too.