Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I call this one "The Catch and Release"....Trout style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
JEA2880 said:
I hope I can make it through the influx of Mike Trout fishing puns that's sure to come this spring :shock:

Don't have to worry about anymore from me as that was my last of the Trout autos that I had.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I bought a Chris Johnson X-fractor for $15 about two weeks into his MLB season when he was hitting .350 and turned around and sold it about a month and half later for $40.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sigma_chi said:
JEA2880 said:
I hope I can make it through the influx of Mike Trout fishing puns that's sure to come this spring :shock:

Don't have to worry about anymore from me as that was my last of the Trout autos that I had.

My question is-why sell now?

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
hail2thevictors said:
sigma_chi said:
JEA2880 said:

Every .com billionaire made low rent computer programmer says, "the party has to end sometime".

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
sigma_chi said:
:lol: So I purchased a Mike Trout platinum auto on 1/12 for $20.64 DLVD
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156
I received it today (finally) and immediately threw it on eBay where it sold in a matter of hours for $37.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156

Not really a big deal, but to have a card for 2 hours, then sell it for roughly $15 profit...I'll take that everyday!

Truly a "Catch and Release"

Anybody else have similar experiences?
Dude your late! Since most people just list after the original auction has ended :lol:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Vagrant said:
hail2thevictors said:
sigma_chi said:
JEA2880 said:

Every .com billionaire made low rent computer programmer says, "the party has to end sometime".

Considering he is going to be named BA's #1 prospect in February, his cards are going nowhere but up until then. BA's rankings take precedence over MLB.com and Keith Law.

Ask people who sold JHey last year at this time how they feel. I'm not saying to hang onto them for an extended period-but February and March will be the time to sell.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
hail2thevictors said:
sigma_chi said:
JEA2880 said:

That's a fair question. Anytime I can almost double my money on anything I never pass up the chance. Sure I realized that potentially the card might go up, but could also go down just as easily. I've watched my dad lose more money than I want to think about waiting to book his soybeans and cotton crops thinking they will keep going higher and higher only to have the bottom fall out so I've subscribed to the theory of Steve Miller "take the money and run" :lol:

Members online

Latest posts