Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Friday - January 28, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
TheShining.gif

Knock, knock. Time to rise and shine!

Morning all. Hope everyone has a great friday!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Good morning. Selling off a couple of pc cards has really made me realize how I tend to cling onto things. This explains why I still have boxes upon boxes of my childhood toys still away in storage. I can never bring myself to part with things sometimes, even those I don't even see.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Card Magnet said:
Good morning. Selling off a couple of pc cards has really made me realize how I tend to cling onto things. This explains why I still have boxes upon boxes of my childhood toys still away in storage. I can never bring myself to part with things sometimes, even those I don't even see.

are you going for that super? i just bought it for 150 for my pc!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
miguelcabrera said:
Card Magnet said:

are you going for that super? i just bought it for 150 for my pc!
Yep, going to go for the super. If you did win it, I would track you down and..."relieve" you of it. ;)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Great...just saw that Sharpton has a card in Topps Supreme. No big deal, right? Wrong. It's a quad auto #/10. He's on the card with Sean Witherspoon, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Derrick Morgan. I wouldn't think that those guys have a strong following at least, but I'm also not a fan of a quad of guys not with the same team or from the same college.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Card Magnet said:
Great...just saw that Sharpton has a card in Topps Supreme. No big deal, right? Wrong. It's a quad auto #/10. He's on the card with Sean Witherspoon, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Derrick Morgan. I wouldn't think that those guys have a strong following at least, but I'm also not a fan of a quad of guys not with the same team or from the same college.

Meh, I wouldnt even want that card if I collected him. I am not really a fan of RC quads and duals etc, even GU rc's. For rc's I either like base or autos, of course with parallels, but just base or auto and of only that player on it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
miguelcabrera said:
Card Magnet said:

Meh, I wouldnt even want that card if I collected him. I am not really a fan of RC quads and duals etc, even GU rc's. For rc's I either like base or autos, of course with parallels, but just base or auto and of only that player on it.
I agree. I don't really want it, but I'll still pick it up if it's not ridiculously priced just to knock it off the "official" list.

miguelcabrera said:
Also, if I were you I would want the supreme base rc 1/1. Those look really nice.
Sharpton doesn't have one of those. The quad auto /10 is the only one he has. I don't even know if it really exists. It's kind of weird. He's not on the checklists I've seen, but the card is listed in the Beckett database.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Card Magnet said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1z63cpe1]Great...just saw that Sharpton has a card in Topps Supreme. No big deal, right? Wrong. It's a quad auto #/10. He's on the card with Sean Witherspoon, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Derrick Morgan. I wouldn't think that those guys have a strong following at least, but I'm also not a fan of a quad of guys not with the same team or from the same college.

I agree. I don't really want it, but I'll still pick it up if it's not ridiculously priced just to knock it off the "official" list.

miguelcabrera said:
Also, if I were you I would want the supreme base rc 1/1. Those look really nice.
Sharpton doesn't have one of those. The quad auto /10 is the only one he has. I don't even know if it really exists. It's kind of weird. He's not on the checklists I've seen, but the card is listed in the Beckett database.[/quote:1z63cpe1]

Ok I didnt know if you were supercollecting him or not. For miggy I would definitely want it (if the price was right) just to knock it off the list, but for my smaller collections of other players I would not want it just because I am not a "completist" with those guys like I am with miggy.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I've decided to make him my play focus since Javarris James probably won't be in anything else. If that quad were any other Miami guy and three random people, I'd stay far away.

It's something to keep me going until 2011 products hit. I'll be 100% committed to supercollecting the **** out of Leonard Hankerson :cool: .

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Nice, as for Mccourty the only other card(s) I REALLY want of him are his contenders auto and contenders championship auto. I should be able to pick up the base auto for not too bad of a price, but I probably wont be able to land the champ ticket as I am saving up for a brady. But I really only wanted one true 1/1 rc of him, so I am pretty happy with the crown royale auto.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Those Crown Royale autos are very nice in hand. The scans don't really do them justice. Definitely a great 1/1 for you to have picked up. Good luck with the Contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts