Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Plates and Patches vs. Supreme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Your LCS has 1 box each, you only have enough money for 1, which do you buy and why?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
They can be painful breaks for one and dones.

You buy multiple packs till you hit a decent card, or none at all.

I opted for none.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
If I had to pick one, I'd say Supreme. Lots of blah jerseys and stuff but there are a few absolutely beautiful cards coming out of it too.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
If I had to choose one, I'd choose Supreme, and that's only because I have a shot at pulling a Montana. P&P has a deeper rookie lineup, but honestly I think both of these products are pretty poor.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I bought the Supreme, thanks for the feedback. It will be my only box

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
morgoth said:

Supreme is nice, but prepare yourself for a 90 dollar kick in the nuts. If you do that, it should be a fun rip. If you don't do that, you'll end up falling into the 50% of people that pay 90 dollars for a 5 dollar jersey card without any of the fun associated with opening 24 packs (or whatever)

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
pigskincardboard said:
morgoth said:

Supreme is nice, but prepare yourself for a 90 dollar kick in the nuts. If you do that, it should be a fun rip. If you don't do that, you'll end up falling into the 50% of people that pay 90 dollars for a 5 dollar jersey card without any of the fun associated with opening 24 packs (or whatever)

Dead on...I watched some youtube breaks last night and I wasn't impressed with either.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
You guys should see my 3 boxes Chris from the Hobby Box just opened for me. A Peyton Manning jersey auto/5, a Favre jersey auto book/3 and a Colt McCoy triple patch 1/1(kinda plain patches)! I got a Demaryius Thomas full Reebok logo 1/1 the other day from him too!

kris24bryan

Jan 28, 2011
coltsnsox07 said:
You guys should see my 3 boxes Chris from the Hobby Box just opened for me. A Peyton Manning jersey auto/5, a Favre jersey auto book/3 and a Colt McCoy triple patch 1/1(kinda plain patches)! I got a Demaryius Thomas full Reebok logo 1/1 the other day from him too!

Is that Bay-Bay card available??? I need it dude!

Anyway, I'd go with Supreme. The P&P base/regular auto cards always seem too be dinged up (I'm basing this from my personal experience... maybe the case my two boxes came from got ran over or punted by the delivery man en route to my house...), a lot of the sweet auto/jersey cards are really high numbered which kinda takes some of the high-endyness away for me, and really other than the big hits which usually look awesome, I think the card design is horrifying.

Supreme on the otherhand seems to have better quality control, and have a more diverse and cooler looking high end hits/low numbered hits that make my snobby heart happy. Even though the money cards in the first three boxes I opened were a crap trifecta consisting of a Rolando McClain triple relic (barf!), Marcus frigging Easley triple jersey auto (double barf!) and a McCluster/Berry dual auto (it can't get much worse than two Chefs on a single card) at least they were numbered low, (3/7, 1/5 & 8/10, respectively) & made me wanna dump more money into the product. It was a good thing I did too since the two boxes I opened today scored me a Demaryius 3x jersey, a Timmy Teebs/Aaron Hernandez dual auto and to my surprise, a second hit in the Tebow box, a 1/1 Tomlinson printing plate. Those were two pretty boxes as a Bronco fan, and I'll definitely buy more.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now. Last thing I'll say though is that if anyone is interested in any of the cards mentioned other than Denver players, let me know!

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
I busted a couple of each as I got a nice discount since I had not been to the shop in a while and I have to go with the plates and patches. I got some nice things in both but the patches has some nicer cuts of patches. Supreme is nice as well but I pulled a namath # to 4 and it had no patches on it just plain green swatches. I pulled a cutler auto # to 5 with a great patch. Also I am biased as patches has my rookie in it this year and topps doesn't. I have not heard of redemption's in the supreme but patches does. I got a nice kick to the groin with a Manning nameplate auto # to 5 redemption.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
I have had two cases busted in my shop and seen a Namath auto, a Manning auto/ jersey, a McCOy rc auto patch, some very nice Jumbo patch cards and a Elway, Thomas, Jim Brown, Tebow, Hardesty and Spiller #ed 5/5 six auto. Cant wait to get more in!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts