Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Bowl listing opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If you guys are listing Steelers and/or Packers stuff, when are you listing? I know it's tricky to list DURING the SB, b/c people aren't generally on eBay. But you also run the risk of missing out on the immediate hype if your listed player does something immpressive.

I am thinking about running an auction that should end roughly 30 minutes to 1 hour after the SB. It's a good enough card anyway, that I should see a profit anyway, but I'm hoping for some flurry bidding right after the SB.

Thoughts?

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
A lot of winning team fans will still be in celebratory mode during that time. Half of Wisconsin was dancing in the streets when I was there in 1997. Consider a slightly later time horizon.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I can be torn on this one. As if the team loses then you will not sell but if they win it will. So I would list it so it ends say around midnight PST so the west coast Cheese Heads can get in to the action. :D

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
One of the few days where I think AUCTION w/ BIN is a great idea.

You cap your potential earnings, but you'll also get an impulse buy that requires immediate payment.

If it's Pittsburgh or Green Bay, the hype will last a while.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
f2tornado said:
A lot of winning team fans will still be in celebratory mode during that time. Half of Wisconsin was dancing in the streets when I was there in 1997. Consider a slightly later time horizon.

That's my conflicting thought.

However, when David Tyree caught that pass, his stuff EXPLODED less than an hour later.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I only have a couple of small lots to sell, but I'm going to end both teams items on Monday nite.

Especially with two loyal followings I think the winning team fans will still be looking and the other teams' fans will be looking for "My team lost" deals.

Good luck to us all!

Members online