Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gonzalez is spelled with a Z!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Since the release of Sterling, I have managed to pick up the base, refractor, gold refractor, and black refractor dual relic card of Carlos Gonzalez w/ Troy Tulowitzki. I have searched everyday for the red 1/1, waiting for it to be pulled. My searches have been, "carlos gonzalez" and "gonzalez sterling" just in case his first name wasnt in the title.

About once a month, I search for Carlos Gonzalez cards, purposely using mispelled words. Ex: Carlo Gonzalez. Cargo, Carlos Gonzales.
Well today using my mispelled search, I found this in the completed listings under "Carlos Gonzales"
I would have gone much higher too. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Sterling-Jerse ... 4cf4a1e772

/end rant

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Totally sucks man. I do a search for "Shilling" every few days just to be sure. Just have to hope that it shows up again at some point.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
That's a shame. If if were you I would contact the seller to see if he can rely the winning bidder's information to you and see if you can work out a deal. Good luck if you decide to go that route.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Jared said:
That's a shame. If if were you I would contact the seller to see if he can rely the winning bidder's information to you and see if you can work out a deal. Good luck if you decide to go that route.

Good idea. I just sent a message to the seller, asking him to ask the buyer if I could have his email address so that we could work out a deal.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i collect Juan Gonzalez. i search as Juan Gonzalez-Juan Gonzales-Jaun Gonzalez-Jaun Gonzales-J Gonzalez-J Gonzales-Juan Gone- Jaun Gone-Juan Goes-Jaun Goes and Igor Gonzalez-Igor Gonzales!!!!! i have found some great cards this way. and i also search in ALL categories and Include description!!! yes it takes time but, it's the only way to search! i do it every day.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
nosterbor said:
i collect Juan Gonzalez. i search as Juan Gonzalez-Juan Gonzales-Jaun Gonzalez-Jaun Gonzales-J Gonzalez-J Gonzales-Juan Gone- Jaun Gone-Juan Goes-Jaun Goes and Igor Gonzalez-Igor Gonzales!!!!! i have found some great cards this way. and i also search in ALL categories and Include description!!! yes it takes time but, it's the only way to search! i do it every day.

No Juando Gonzalez/s? :lol:

Good idea though.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
Should have been searching for "Carl* Gon*". That would have picked up the z's and s's.

+1 to this. Lean how to use wild cards and they will take you a long ways.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Actually,,,,,

Back in 2005, he first came on the scene as Carlos Gonzales. I know because he was one of the big names i targetted when THEPIT.com teamed up with Topps to release exclusive bowman chrome green refractors. Even though the bowman chrome card listed him with a Z, the list of IPO pre-sales had him with an S. Baseball America had written articles about him with an S, and then he even appeared on cards with an S.

(bottom left)

!Bs8GV0!EWk~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ev(u4g6ITBL51+uUVVg~~_3.jpg

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Thats interesting, do you know why the card companies and media outlets adopted the "z"?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
CubsFan13 said:
Thats interesting, do you know why the card companies and media outlets adopted the "z"?

I'm sure it was at the bequest of the player.

Not sure if people were just wrong about how he spelled his own name or if he just changed it himself while in the minors.

It does appear that either LOTS of people were wrong, or there must have been an official change along the line.

Members online

Latest posts