Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WOW, just cost myself about $1,000 - Heyward Sterling RED Au

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
OUCH, I blew it!

Was at the Orland Park show this morning. B O R I N G

Anyways, a lady had a sterling box for $240 and packs for $40. I grabbed the box, considered the 4 packs but decided to pass on them becuase i didn't want to drop $400.

And a fellow board member buys one pack, BOOM, Sterling Heyward RED REfractor Auto 1/1. I didn't see it in person but just got a pm.

Funny thing is that I was thinking about those packs the whole 45 minute drive home.

Congrats to him

This 100% sums up my luck the last few months.

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jared said:
Ouch that's a bummer. Did you get anything good out of your box?

Box was pretty good

3 best cards
Stras auto
Heyward ref auto
Box topper - Dual Heyward / Strasburg /50

No complaints on the box, just for not sacking up and buying them all!

skrip

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
you are that voice inside your head are always dissing each other. One day youll get on the same page.
ballerskrip said:
OUCH, I blew it!

Was at the Orland Park show this morning. B O R I N G

Anyways, a lady had a sterling box for $240 and packs for $40. I grabbed the box, considered the 4 packs but decided to pass on them becuase i didn't want to drop $400.

And a fellow board member buys one pack, BOOM, Sterling Heyward RED REfractor Auto 1/1. I didn't see it in person but just got a pm.

Funny thing is that I was thinking about those packs the whole 45 minute drive home.

Congrats to him

This 100% sums up my luck the last few months.

skrip

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
ballerskrip said:
Jared said:

Box was pretty good

3 best cards
Stras auto
Heyward ref auto

skrip

You would feel 100X worse if the box you did buy was a dud. And from this post, your box rocked! So don't feel TOO bad, you did pretty freaking awesome!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Tedw9 said:
ballerskrip said:
Jared said:

Box was pretty good

3 best cards
Stras auto
Heyward ref auto

skrip

You would feel 100X worse if the box you did buy was a dud. And from this post, your box rocked! So don't feel TOO bad, you did pretty freaking awesome!

agreed 100%.

I have been trying to stay away from wax since my 2010 bcdp disaster. The only reason I bought the box was the great price ($240). So adding another $160 was pishing it, at least in my head.

I admit, I am very happy it was a board member. Makes me feel better that someone else here gets to reap the rewards :D

skrip

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
really nice box! Scrip, as you saw with chrome - large quantities of wax are very hit and miss....Sometimes it's better to play it safe and a box every now and then....either way, you can't lose too much on just one box

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Skrip, just think of all the "bullets" you've dodged by not ripping that "next" box. When you refrain from busting wax, every once in a while you'll pass up something like the Heyward, but you'll also pass up a lot more garbage.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
heywardred.jpg

heywardredback.jpg

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Skrip,
Thanks for the kind words. I was pumped when I pulled it. chi_sportscards was there and I opened up the one pack I bought and I saw red and Marc said its probably the Heyward and there it was. At least you had a decent box.

hoopster3977 said:
Too bad you didn't pull it. Would have loved to see Tony Divine try to lowball you on his offers :lol:
:lol: He wasn't there today but I'm sure the offers would have been flying in from him.

Members online

Latest posts