Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TOPPS, Give Your Head a Shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
WTF are Prince Willie and Kate Hottie-ton doing in a baseball card set?? Especially when a set like A&G already has famous people, they will cram them into yet another useless throwback set.

If we are lucky, the won't look like Tim Wakefield 140.jpg

Another year without baseball wax is very disappointing, but Topps will never get any more of my money :evil:

By Chris Olds | Editor

The Queen will now include some royalty.

Topps unveiled its plans for a new baseball card set styled in the fashion of an 1887 release some time ago,but on Friday the longest-running manufacturer of baseball cardsannounced a little something extra in packs of the forthcoming 2011Gypsy Queen baseball cards.

Prince William and Kate Middleton — two members of Britain’s Royal Family — will appear on a card.

Building on the product’s “jewels” theme — which includes bonus cardsof various gypsys (yeah, we’re mystified, too) – a “Royal Jewels”card can also be found in packs.

No word on a card of Enrico Palazzo, though.
http://beta.beckett.com/group/185223/?t ... iewArticle

sports-header21.jpg

Juddy

Aug 22, 2010
Rogersville, MO
The upcoming royal wedding will be one of the biggest events, if not the biggest, in the world this year. Topps is just trying to siphon off some buzz from this event and their card for a new product line. If it gets there brand name or product in front of the eyes of non collectors it will be worth it.

G

I think the addition of Prince William and Kate Middleton make an interesting addition to the set. Certainly it is in keeping with the spirit of the producting they are attempting to re-create. Ask your parents about the marriage of Prince Charles to Diana. It was a seminal moment in culture for that era, as this wedding will surely be. I hope I get the card in the one retail blaster that I'll pickup.

Now, as for Tim Wakefield. What Topps is doing there is referencing one of the most iconic images of early 20th century baseball cards, the 1919 Zeenut Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle.

arbuckle.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Levy said:
I think the addition of Prince William and Kate Middleton make an interesting addition to the set. Certainly it is in keeping with the spirit of the producting they are attempting to re-create. Ask your parents about the marriage of Prince Charles to Diana. It was a seminal moment in culture for that era, as this wedding will surely be. I hope I get the card in the one retail blaster that I'll pickup.

Now, as for Tim Wakefield. What Topps is doing there is referencing one of the most iconic images of early 20th century baseball cards, the 1919 Zeenut Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle.

arbuckle.jpg

Glad someone has a sense of history

Members online

Latest posts