Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does your favorite player collect baseball cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I was just thinking of some recent events. First off, I doubt Hamilton collects cards, but Perkins does.

He said a couple nights ago when asked if there was anyone on the Twins that he looked up too as a kid, that he admired Kent Hrbek. He also said he had a stack of Hrbek cards he had as a kid, and still has them. Granted, I doubt he buys constantly, but I am sure he adds a couple cards every now and then.

I was thinking, when I pulled a Hrbek RC from a grab bag yesterday, that I should give it to him :lol:

But, what's interesting, is that he collects Hrbek for the same reason I collect Perk... both are MN kids who played for the Twins.

So, does your favorite player do any collecting that you know about?

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Schilling mainly collects WWII memorabilia but does also collect baseball memorabilia. At one point, he was pictured in Beckett with his room of sports collectibles. He has an absolutely insane collection.

I know he doesn't collect his own stuff because I had the chance to discuss it with him. Knowing that, I gave him his first game used card at a recent autograph signing. He was blown away by it. :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
schillingfan said:
Schilling mainly collects WWII memorabilia but does also collect baseball memorabilia. At one point, he was pictured in Beckett with his room of sports collectibles. He was an absolutely insane collection.

I know he doesn't collect his own stuff because I had the chance to discuss it with him. Knowing that, I gave him his first game used card at a recent autograph signing. He was blown away by it. :lol:

:lol:

That's cool!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I just found out a few weeks ago that Dawson hoards his 93 Finest Refs. with the goal of trying to own all of them.

Why, I have no idea. The story I heard is just hearsay, but I know there aren't many of them available anymore.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i get to meet parents of minor league players and some don't have any cards of thier son .
I gave Mike Greenwell a foul baseball his son hit - where his dad HAD been sitting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts